Sponsored

USMC_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 stage 3 roush
Just changed mine last week with BG.....you won't regret it. Vast improvement.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
so what ur telling me is basically to base on the fact that ford approves it i should trust it? ...
No - what I meant was this:

Out of the 5 or 8 or 11 fluid manufacturers that people have heard of, only a couple of them say:

"We certify that our XYZ-Supremo fluid is suitable for use in your 2015+ S550 Mustang".

The others say:

"Sorry - we do not endorse the use of our fluid(s) in your 2015+ S550 Mustang".

This is actually a good thing; a reputable company like (for example) Amsoil stands behind their products. They do extensive R&D and long-term testing etc. etc., so that they can stake the reputation of their company on the proper/reliable performance of their fluid in a given application. And/but for some reason, they have chosen NOT to certify a fluid for use in the (for example) MT82 tranny. Or the rear end. Or both.

RP otoh, does approve their tranny fluid for use in our cars.

So...of course people are free to use whatever they want -- for their own reasons -- but they run the risk of having no support in the event of a failure that is proven to have resulted from the use of a non-approved fluid.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Wow what a thread...gives me a headache.
Simply put - if you care about what Ford says and warranties are a concern for you put back in what you took out... it will still shift like shit.
If you want a smoother shift run the BG or the Amsoil secret sauce mix - it will shift smoother and still protect probably better than the OEM. Add a new shifter to that and it will be and transcending experience.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Wow what a thread...gives me a headache.
Simply put - if you care about what Ford says and warranties are a concern for you put back in what you took out... it will still shift like shit.
If you want a smoother shift run the BG or the Amsoil secret sauce mix - it will shift smoother and still protect probably better than the OEM. Add a new shifter to that and it will be and transcending experience.
The “probably” better part is what worries is it better or the same is what I wish I knew for sure. If it protects the same I rather just get the oem stuff cuz it’s easier but if the bug is better protection at the track then I rather get that. U see were the problem is

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
The BG fluid is the way to go. Even people who switched from Amsoil and Royal Purple have posted that they noticed a slight improvement. I drive my car hard on road courses and it was a huge improvement in shifting performance. Tim at Optimum Performance has excellent customer service and his shipping is stellar.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
The BG fluid is the way to go. Even people who switched from Amsoil and Royal Purple have posted that they noticed a slight improvement. I drive my car hard on road courses and it was a huge improvement in shifting performance. Tim at Optimum Performance has excellent customer service and his shipping is stellar.
sweet! i just ordered some so will see

Sponsored

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
I remember when i changed my Fluid in my crazy srt4 from stock to AMSOIL ATF4, Man it made a huge diff. I might try it on my new 18. Great topic

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Just to be certain I was speaking accurately, I visited the Amsoil website, and - sure enuff - they still do NOT endorse a fluid for the manual tranny. I just wanted to ensure that nobody assumes that the M/T has an approved fluid solely because the A/T has one. FYI.
AMSOIL.jpg

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Amsoil doesn't have one they suggest because their Syncromesh is too thin. However one of the best, if not the best, MT82 builders in the country will tell you to run " the secret sauce" in the MT82. Two qts Amsoil syncromesh, 1 qt 75w/90 wt synthetic rear lube.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Amsoil doesn't have one they suggest because their Syncromesh is too thin. However one of the best, if not the best, MT82 builders in the country will tell you to run " the secret sauce" in the MT82. Two qts Amsoil syncromesh, 1 qt 75w/90 wt synthetic rear lube.
Yep - I completely believe it; I went thru the same adventure when I had my WRX. That time the "secret sauce" mixture was Redline stuff. And I have no doubt whatsoever that it's excellent - perhaps even superior to the 'fill-with-100%-XYZ-fluid' decision. I'm only providing a balanced picture for the [presumed] handful of guys who like to "do it by the book". :thumbsup:

This is consistent with the [accurate] viewpoint that we all share regarding FoMoCo (and all manufacturers, actually) denying warranty claims; if something happens...and you reach out to a manufacturer to say:

"Your product failed/let me down/cost me money..."'

They will of course ask you what you were using. Or doing. You may even be compelled to prove it. And when you reply and say:

"Well...I used your so-and-so product. Or I was doing such-and-such."

They will of course show you what you already know - that they told you not to use it. Or do it. (And then they will show you the door)

Last edited:

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt