my 2018 gt's 6 spd. making rattling sounds

aces18gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 6 speed performance pack 1
When I start the car and with the clutch depressed or in neutral I can hear a gear clattering type of sound. When I rev the engine and it idles down is when the sound is very evident. I also hear it on acceleration and while cruising. Is this tranny noise or clutch assembly noise? I need you manual guys to listen to your cars and let me know what you hear. I dread going to the dealer and trying to explain this issue with nothing to back me up. If it's not the tranny could it be some part in the clutch assembly that would be making this sound?
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
When I start the car and with the clutch depressed or in neutral I can hear a gear clattering type of sound. When I rev the engine and it idles down is when the sound is very evident. I also hear it on acceleration and while cruising. Is this tranny noise or clutch assembly noise? I need you manual guys to listen to your cars and let me know what you hear. I dread going to the dealer and trying to explain this issue with nothing to back me up. If it's not the tranny could it be some part in the clutch assembly that would be making this sound?
Can you get a video? Are you sure it is the trans/clutch area? Mine makes some gear whine/whirring type noises, but no rattles. However, the engine rattle is a fairly common issue with the 18s.