Sponsored

2016 Ford Mustang GT (UK) Alarm Problems?

maatto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Howdy!

Recently left the BMW club and became a member of the Ford Club once again! my first car was a 2012 Fiesta! but since young age the Mustang was always appealing to me! and the dream is finally mine!
anyway...

I've having problems with the alarm system.
Spontaneously just goes of when it wants to.

was laying in bed watching tv one night around 1am, alarm goes off, now i can clearly see my car on cctv and nothing was anywhere near it, nobody had walked past no animals.. so used the keyfob unlocked and pushed lock button twice. 5 minutes later it did the same, nothing around, so did the same procedure, 10 minutes later alarm goes off again, so to spare thoughts for the neighbours quickly pushing unlock lock to shut the alarm off, got dressed went to car unlocked opened door turned on accessory and off again locked went back upstairs, didnt even manage to get through bedroom door before it went off again, went back to car and so i turned on reduced guard, which if im correct turns of the interior sensors? didn't happen anymore and finally got rest that night! woop!, so I'm thinking the only new item that i placed inside the car that day/night was a tree airfreshener but had it hanging from a little black knob from the glovebox door and resting against that on the outside of the glovebox. could that of somehow set of the alarms? since removing it was fine for a few days/nights, then the dreaded alarm struck again, going off without cause..

a week ago was coming out from a gym session and the hazards are flashing, so im guessing the alarm went off again there,
and now the reason for me posting this, i was woken to the sound of my alarm this morning, same situation, nothing anywhere near, no chavvy cars and loud exhausts setting it off.. its just going off when it wants attention!

so now My question is, can I check what alarm is being triggered via OBD? and with what application? preferably android. but do have access to iphone and laptop.

I have my car booked in at ford next week for the exhaust to be changed to roush axleback, and they said they'd have a look at it then, but in the mean time it's not the 5L engine that's annoying the neighbours its the constant alarm going off.

It's a situation where im gonna think its a false alarm, and it turns out to be someone trying to break in..
car crying wolf.
Sponsored

brl0301

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost
Ive actually been having a similar issue with my 2019. Will be taking the car to the dealership in the next few weeks. Did you ever have any luck getting yours fixed?

OP
OP

maatto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Ive actually been having a similar issue with my 2019. Will be taking the car to the dealership in the next few weeks. Did you ever have any luck getting yours fixed?
I never actually got it fixed. I left my car with the dealer for the whole day, but it didn't go off once, so they couldn't diagnose the issue.
the technician said they can only pull the codes by plugging it in as soon as it goes off, apparently as soon as its driven the codes are wiped?! (silly!)

I did plug in a maxisys autel when the alarm went off once, but I didn't get any codes or pending codes, so maybe they have a "special" diagnostics scanner.
though putting it onto reduced alarm rectified the problem, so im edging towards interior sensors being faulty.

MustangMystique

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mystique
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever take yours in for this? I'm having a similar issue.
Sponsored