65muzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT
Hi all
New to this forum and have just purchased a 2017 Mustang. My issue has probably been posted before. I’m finding that the shift from 1 to 2 is notchy. I have a short throw shifter installed. What have people done to resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Theres some other gearbox oil people use (i don't know it but someone will chime in) and sometimes they do that in conjunction with an MGW Shifter.

I don't mind the stock transmission, mines been pretty good but i have been locked out of 3rd gear before so i'm changing mine to the MGW https://www.mystangmods.com.au/product/race-spec-short-throw-shifter/

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Use - BG Syncro Shift 2 transmission oil.
Gives nice smooth changes even when very cold. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Which outlets stock this oil in Sydney.
Not sure but google "BG Products Australia "and give them a call and they will help.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Yeah the BG stuff is good. I had to purchase from the US, not sure if the Aussie distributor stocks it yet or not. Also do the Steeda clutch spring, that actually seemed to make the biggest difference for me in notchiness. I also have the MGW

knaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mgw shifter + steeda spring and it’s night and day difference for me. It is still a bit clunky sometimes when cold, bit only for the first few minutes. Probably changing fluid would make it even better, but I havent done that

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
Matt,
Yeah the BG stuff is good. I had to purchase from the US, not sure if the Aussie distributor stocks it yet or not. Also do the Steeda clutch spring, that actually seemed to make the biggest difference for me in notchiness. I also have the MGW
Where do you go in Sydney to buy your parts and get any work done.....or do you order in and do the work yourself ?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
You could try the BG Synchro first, it made a noticeable improvement to mine and I'm actually wondering if I'll even fit the Barton shifter I bought ages ago. I got the BG on ebay from the US.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Matt, Where do you go in Sydney to buy your parts and get any work done.....or do you order in and do the work yourself ?
I order all my parts in and then get my mate Jeremy at Randwick Automotive to do all the stuff that I can't handle. He has a stang himself, highly recommend you give him a call if you need anything.

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
I order all my parts in and then get my mate Jeremy at Randwick Automotive to do all the stuff that I can't handle. He has a stang himself, highly recommend you give him a call if you need anything.
Thanks a lot for that Matt I appreciate it and pretty convenient for me !!!
Sponsored