Sponsored

Ford Pass App?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Anyone else having issues with the app? I mean, the important stuff works: I can start the car, schedule starts, lock/unlock the doors, etc. It also shows the current gas amount in the car, BUT, it’s not listing the tire pressure, miles until empty and other info. Anyone have this stuff working?
Sponsored

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
Just checked mine and it is current with all information showing correctly

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I checked my app. All information is listed. Everything except the tire pressure is correct. Tire pressure reading looks 3-4 PSI higher than it is. Everything else is accurate.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Figured it out! Had to go to account -> settings -> smartlink and check/enable the “access” box and now all of the other information is showing. :sun:

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
I checked my app. All information is listed. Everything except the tire pressure is correct. Tire pressure reading looks 3-4 PSI higher than it is. Everything else is accurate.
When was the last data update? If it was when you last parked the car then that sounds about right compared to cold tires.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
the canadian one doesnt have that wow

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
When was the last data update? If it was when you last parked the car then that sounds about right compared to cold tires.
It sure does! Thanks for the dose of reality, Ed. Not sure why I wasn't thinking that day but I'm thankful someone was.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Figured it out! Had to go to account -> settings -> smartlink and check/enable the “access” box and now all of the other information is showing. :sun:
I tried that and still doesn't work for me. Ever since the app update with the new design, it's never shown distance to empty or tire pressure for me. The previous version of the app did. The fuel gauge, oil life, location, unlock/lock all work though.

EDIT: New update for the app on iOS fixed everything today.

Last edited:

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I never knew I could do this. I have the Ford Pass app, but it says I have to purchase a FordPass smartlink device through the dealer, and then return to log into my profile. So what does this mean? I can’t just set up an account and do this through the app?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I think it comes with 2018+ models. May also require a premium package too.

It is basically a telematics module. It can locate your car, tell you how much gas is left, distance to empty, act as a wifi hotspot, remote start, tire pressure, oil life and reports vehicle health.

I was just looking at mine and noticed it still thinks my car is at work but I'm home. My nav system did crash today so that may be the reason.

Sponsored

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Can anyone confirm if Ford Pass works with a ‘16 GT premium? Also what is the fee to use Ford Pass?

Last edited:

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can anyone confirm if Ford Pass works with a ‘16 GT premium? Also what is the fee to use Ford Pass?
The "Sync Connect" features of the Ford Pass app require a 4G wireless modem. On the Mustang, the earliest model year you could get it from the factory is 2018. All premium 2018/2019 Mustangs should have it. I don't know if the dealer can install a modem to enable all the Sync Connect features for your 2016.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Ford Pass will work, but you need to purchase the Ford Pass Smartlink device. That's for owners of 2010-17 model Mustang's. 2018 and newer already have the built in LTE modem.

Brian English

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
68Vert
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convert/2018 GT PP1
The Ford Pass customer rep told me I needed to have the dealer install the hardware on my 18 GT Premium then pay for the service. Pricing is through the dealers, so I guess there is no set amount - just what you can negotiate. My GM cars all have similar features included in the purchase price for several years . . . makes me wonder why Ford is charging for it.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
The Ford Pass customer rep told me I needed to have the dealer install the hardware on my 18 GT Premium then pay for the service. Pricing is through the dealers, so I guess there is no set amount - just what you can negotiate. My GM cars all have similar features included in the purchase price for several years . . . makes me wonder why Ford is charging for it.
When was your car built? My 18 GT Premium came with the LTE modem. As far as the data service, you are paying it through AT&T. It's $20 a month for unlimited data. If you already have AT&T, I believe it's $10/month.
Sponsored