Sponsored

Mud Flaps - anybody use them ?

Rotorhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB 2.3
FNG here: I just installed this mud flaps ordered from Amazon, and I'll just about guarantee that they'll never fail or come loose. I removed my rear tires to install the back pair, but wasn't necessary for the front.

RokBlokz Splash Guards for 2015-2017 Ford Mustang - Rock Guards Fit V6 - Ecoboost - and GT Models (Not GT350/500) (Black, Set of 4 - Front and Rear)
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews
Price: $99.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
Color: Black
Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I have tried several types....Generic-custom mounted, RPI's original design(Bad Fitment-good customer service), and finally the AM/MMD molded ones that I have on now.
Generic worked well but were hard to mount and well, looked Generic.
RPI's orginal design did not fit very good, but they were easy to work with as a vendor on exchanges/returns.
the AM/MMD variety is good/bad.
The good-nice licensed pony logo, molded/recessed to fit factory bodywork-look factory, good size, the push pin mounts are solid.
The bad-molded from hard, barely flexible plastic, they will break on speed bumps and in the winter become brittle and break when hit, they are hollow molded, in other words the side facing the tire looks unfinished and hollow. They also have a bad time staying attached to the fender, the tape does not hold, even with proper cleaning and adhesion promoter. Expensive!
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-splash-guards-pony-logo-front-pair-1517all.html
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-splash-guards-pony-logo-rear-pair-1517wpremiumbumper.html
394175_alt9.jpg

Every one I have tried catches Debris behind the front mudflap and creates a place to gather dirt and moisture and needs additional regular cleaning.....

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
I have tried several types....Generic-custom mounted, RPI's original design(Bad Fitment-good customer service), and finally the AM/MMD molded ones that I have on now.
Generic worked well but were hard to mount and well, looked Generic.
RPI's orginal design did not fit very good, but they were easy to work with as a vendor on exchanges/returns.
the AM/MMD variety is good/bad.
The good-nice licensed pony logo, molded/recessed to fit factory bodywork-look factory, good size, the push pin mounts are solid.
The bad-molded from hard, barely flexible plastic, they will break on speed bumps and in the winter become brittle and break when hit, they are hollow molded, in other words the side facing the tire looks unfinished and hollow. They also have a bad time staying attached to the fender, the tape does not hold, even with proper cleaning and adhesion promoter. Expensive!
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-splash-guards-pony-logo-front-pair-1517all.html
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-splash-guards-pony-logo-rear-pair-1517wpremiumbumper.html
394175_alt9.jpg

Every one I have tried catches Debris behind the front mudflap and creates a place to gather dirt and moisture and needs additional regular cleaning.....
I’ve got these on my 17 and I guess I must have done something right because they are still looking great and are still attached. I wouldn’t change them for any other. I’ve had them on for over a year now. Great looking, functional, and solid. Only drawback is they are spendy. Thanks

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I’ve got these on my 17 and I guess I must have done something right because they are still looking great and are still attached. I wouldn’t change them for any other. I’ve had them on for over a year now. Great looking, functional, and solid. Only drawback is they are spendy. Thanks
I actually just got these and just installed the rears. I pulled on them in several directions as soon as I was done. They don't budge. I think they look great.

They seem to provide more coverage than most of the others that I have seen.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 8.12.52 PM.png

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I usually get mud flaps on all my cars but I'm having a hard time finding any for this car. The only ones I can find are these. They look like they would fall off and they're $150.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/enlargedviewer/63423?isPP=0&imageIndex=4

Also, I forget to ask the dealer when I bought the car if they had some. I usually do this but it was a crazy day and all so I don't even know if they have any. I looked on the Ford site and it don't look they do.

Any links or pics to mud flaps you guys/gals use would be great and thanks.

I use the
MMD Splash Guards w/ Pony Logo. Durable, overpriced, looks nice with the pony logo.

CVCashmere

Sponsored

Peta23

Competition Orange 5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Cobra Jet, I could use your insight on the CPC. This is my first time posting on here, so apologies if I'm doing it incorrectly.

1. For the fronts...You used the provided tape with no issue? Did you alcohol clean and use any adhesion promoter?
2. For the rears...I can't get the clips to slide on for the life of me. Did you have a similar issue?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Alcohol to clean the surface. Check your local auto parts places for 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter 06396 and put that on after you have a clean surface, follow the instructions, then the adhesive tape with mudguard.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois