Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I guess I'm not making myself clear. I do not buy MT BS. NO matter who they hire to drive.
Sponsored

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I know that the Boss 302 only had 2 generations, 69-70 and 12-13. the GT350 1st generation 65-66 and that's it! According to your assumption why did they ever stop building the original GT350 and the BOSS? the demand for the 12 Boss is still high hence the resale values. I also know that the GT350 will not see production in 2018. Ask me how I know? Never mind, if i told you id have to kill you
I just find your quote amusing because GT350s are slated to be still in production come 2019...

So my question to you is, how did you know what you said?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I just find your quote amusing because GT350s are slated to be still in production come 2019...

UHHH...When was that post made? LOL Person who told me was the same person that kills demons. Obviously that did not turn out to be true.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

During discussions over the last couple of years with various personnel at Ford that were supposedly in the know I was provided with exactly the same information so don't kill the messenger here.

What I have learned over many years of conversing with Ford management is to not trust any information that we are given at the time as it can change in a heart beat and this is just another example of how circumstances can change very quickly.

:sunglasses:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

UHHH...When was that post made? LOL Person who told me was the same person that kills demons. Obviously that did not turn out to be true.
At the time he told you that it was pretty much the plan. There have been at least two significant delays in GT500 development and I’ve heard rumor of a potential third delay (due to a supplier, not Ford hedging). Good example of why execs are always told to “no comment” questions about future product plans.

Sponsored

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just bustin' your b@lls here... lol.

I love the fact that the GT350s are still in production. I heard one the other day and oh man. Almost made me cancel my Bullitt order...

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Just bustin' your b@lls here... lol.

I love the fact that the GT350s are still in production. I heard one the other day and oh man. Almost made me cancel my Bullitt order...
I would in a heartbeat. Price difference isn’t that big and you get wwwaaaayyy more for your money.

I came from a GT350. I only sold it since I wanted the new 10spd to mod the crap out of it. I started with upgrading my suspension, and it’s taken a good amount of $$ just to get it to 80% of the Shelby. And with my mods, I feel it rougher than the Shelby. I had a base model with no mag ride.

Being that the Bullitt can only be purchased with a manual transmission, I’d do Shelby all day. Faster, great handling, meaner, wider, tremec trans, huge brakes +++++

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
It will obviously be GT350R.
I have a GT350 and I am 100% sure that GT350 will get more attention than 1LE.

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would in a heartbeat. Price difference isn’t that big and you get wwwaaaayyy more for your money.

I came from a GT350. I only sold it since I wanted the new 10spd to mod the crap out of it. I started with upgrading my suspension, and it’s taken a good amount of $$ just to get it to 80% of the Shelby. And with my mods, I feel it rougher than the Shelby. I had a base model with no mag ride.

Being that the Bullitt can only be purchased with a manual transmission, I’d do Shelby all day. Faster, great handling, meaner, wider, tremec trans, huge brakes +++++
Price difference is about $12K AND it's a 2-year older model ('17 GT350 vs '19 Bullittt) and way less features.

Not sure if it's worth it.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Price difference is about $12K AND it's a 2-year older model ('17 GT350 vs '19 Bullittt) and way less features.

Not sure if it's worth it.
It's all personal preference on which features are worth it to you. I'd personally take the Voodoo and Tremec over all of the tech upgrades the Bullitt gives you. No need to a digital dash, fancy seats, or any of that other stuff. Hell, mine doesn't even have navigation and I have the tiny ass screen. No Sync 3 or touchscreen stuff in my car. If you need those, then the Bullitt will make you happier. It's still a nice car and plenty fast. For me and most of us on this forum, none of that is enough to replace the Voodoo.
Sponsored