2015 Pricing Help!

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Hey guys, I need some help! I’ve been looking at s550’s for a while now, and this one caught my eye yesterday. It seems like a great deal to me, but I wanted to check here and see your input. Here’s the specs I know, as well the link with pictures.

I’ve been talking with the salesman back and forth all day, and I have the price of the car down to $28,500

2015 Mustang GT
5,751 Miles
One owner
Clean Carfax
Performance Package
Premium Package with Navigation
Leather Recaro Seats
MBRP Exhaust (I would swap that for a Corsa)

Let me know what you guys think of $28,500. They don’t have the original window sticker, so I have no clue what the cost new

http://www.danielsbmw.com/VehicleDe...stang-2dr_Fastback_GT-Allentown-PA/3233190023

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

druby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium, Tripple Yellow
Hey guys, I need some help! I’ve been looking at s550’s for a while now, and this one caught my eye yesterday. It seems like a great deal to me, but I wanted to check here and see your input. Here’s the specs I know, as well the link with pictures.

I’ve been talking with the salesman back and forth all day, and I have the price of the car down to $28,500

2015 Mustang GT
5,751 Miles
One owner
Clean Carfax
Performance Package
Premium Package with Navigation
Leather Recaro Seats
MBRP Exhaust (I would swap that for a Corsa)

Let me know what you guys think of $28,500. They don’t have the original window sticker, so I have no clue what the cost new

http://www.danielsbmw.com/VehicleDe...stang-2dr_Fastback_GT-Allentown-PA/3233190023

Thanks in advance!
Seems like a pretty good price. I bought a car that had almost these same specs except the Recarro seats, last fall for 25,900, in Billings, MT. It was about 5k cheaper than anything I had found in my home town at that point. I was almost ready to buy one for just over 29 that didn't have the performance package and had about 10k more miles when I found it online. Go for it!

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Thanks!! I have been having a very hard time finding a performance package car with the nice interior of the premiums, plus it has Nav.

Add in the leather Recaros and it’s literally spec’ed perfect for me.

The Ingot Silver isn’t my first color choice, but I do like it.

Plus such low miles for a 15’.

I’m just not sure if I’m talking myself into it’s an awesome deal, or if it really is an awesome deal.

This dealer is 4 hours away from me, so I wanted to see what everyone thought here before I made the hike to go look at it

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
Too close to 18’ money. Maybe for 22-23k, not 28k.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Whoa, thanks!!!

Hopefully this will help you guys here let me know if I should jump on this for $28,500 with only 5,751 miles

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Honestly I’m not a fan on the 18’s

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It depends on what's important to you. Would you rather have an 'older' car with more options, or a 'newer' car with fewer options? You could probably find a 2017 or maybe even a 2018 GT for similar money, but it probably wouldn't have PP and Navigation, and might have more mileage. How important are those options to you?

It also depends on how long you think you'll keep the car. If you think you might only keep it for a year or two, then a 'newer' model might be worth more when you sell it. But, if you think you'll keep it for a few years, I think after a car is 5-6 or so years old, its value is more about condition and mileage than just the model year.

I've always subscribed to the philosophy of 'It's not the years, it's the miles' when buying cars. I've always preferred older cars with fewer miles over newer cars with more miles. Most things in a car wear out with use (number of rotations of a mechanical part, etc.) rather than solely age - everything mechanical has a duty cycle, and a lifespan usually measured in use (though up to a point; when something starts getting into double-digits, age starts taking a toll, especially in harsh climates).

It's just my personal preference, but I would go for the slightly 'older' car with very low miles and nice options; but then, I'd also keep it for several years.

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
My thinking is much like yours. Personally I’d rather have a 2015 with all of these options, than a 2017 without these options.

Plus the mileage is super low on this 2015, under 6,000 miles.

Whatever car I do end up buying, it will be a keeper car. Weekend/nice weather car that I can play with and change things as time goes on. A “project car” if you will

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think another important factor to consider is how a car has been taken care of. How an engine was broken in, how a car has been driven, and how it's been maintained, can have huge bearing on how long it will last and how reliable it will be. You can kill a car in a surprisingly short time if you abuse it badly enough.

With a used car sold at a dealership, it's often impossible to know anything specific about the previous owner and how it's been cared for, unless you're lucky enough for there to be service records. But you might be able to make some inferences. For example, the low mileage 2015 you mentioned, seems to me may have been a weekend toy car for someone. It was only driven about 1,000 miles a year, so it's unlikely it was a daily driver. Someone who can afford to buy and keep a car in that price range as strictly an extra toy car is probably older, and less likely to have beaten the crap out of the car and more likely to have taken care of it (I fit that profile; at 60-ish, my 2015 GT has 6,000 miles, and has been a pampered garage queen).

It's not to say than a newer and higher mileage car hasn't been taken care of, but to me it seems more likely that a low-mileage creampuff was probably someone's fair weather toy and has led an easy life (unless of course it got those low miles 1/4 mile at a time at the local drag strip!). Also, I think the newer a car is, the shorter the time someone has owned it, may suggest they might not have taken as good care of it. I've seen people lease cars for 2 or 3 years and barely give them any maintenance; when I rib them about it, they say things like 'what the hell do I care, I'm getting rid of it in a couple of years, it's the next guy's problem'.

Good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
100% agree with you!! Thanks for your input!

Now just to figure out how good of a deal this car is. I’m having a VERY hard time finding them 15,16,17 with all of these options. Sticker was $44,000.

$28,500 seems like an awesome deal to me, but having input from this forum could greatly sway me (either towards take a road trip and look at it, or it’s not as good of a deal as I’m thinking it is)

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
That’s a pretty good deal.
I’d play like I was on the fence and let them take another 5 or so bills off then jump on it.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
That's a good price, especially with the options. You have the pp and 400a it looks like. I bought my 2015 Mustang GT Premium in guard green with the foundry wheels, auto, 355 gears, nav with 16,000 miles for 28,000 last fall. It was by far the best price I could find at the time in guard. The NAV is really not worth it these days as it cost 150$ for Ford to update and now Google is instantly accurate directing you away from traffic jams, etc. And, it's free. Go for it!

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in Canada but I was just at the local dealership today. A 2017 GT Premium 401A with PP and 13000 km’s (approx. 8000 miles) is $34900 CAD (approx. $26500 USD). Original MSRP on window sticker is $53148 CAD (approx. $40400 USD). I’d say there’s still a little room for them to lower the price some considering it’s a 2015.
I agree, I’d take the older low milage car over newer high milage any day as well

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Nah. That’s crazy on a 3 yr old mustang.
Ask all the guys here and we can post up craigslist ads for same or better Mustang in your local area at way lower prices.
When dealer calls back, just send them a link and be like, yea I’m meeting a guy to look at this other stang, can y’all do 25,5 before TTL?

Then send another link. And another. They’ll be like eff it, local market saturated, better offer him 26k and see wtf.

A base 2018 will smoke that at 27,816 before TTL. Call Katy Ford. Drive it home in a weekend.

Call WBL Ford:
Buy the FRPP Track suspension for 1100
Brembo upgrade for 1100
GT350 rad 550
The 2018 are closer to 465 hp actual on 93.

No way would I touch a 2015 out of warranty with the AC problem. That should be a recall or just vent the coolant and take it in to get the new upgraded evaporator core for free ($3k+ out of warranty).
Sponsored