corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
About how many street miles did you run up on these tires before hitting the track?

Looks like Michelin is finally going to offer the PS4S in a useful 18" size in the near future.

Norm
Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Norm, I racked up around 400 or so miles. I was actually slightly worried that I hadn't gotten enough miles into them before hitting the track, but they seemed to work just fine at that point.

I would much prefer to run some 18x11s, but the lack of tire choices lead me astray. Hopefully they do incorporate some more choices in the 18" variety.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I just peeked at Tire Rack to confirm that, and it turns out there are a number of new 18" sizes (and even some 17's). This is a very recent development, so new that the specs table doesn't have dimensional data yet even though the new sizes are listed there.

You're too quick. I was hoping I could sneak another edit past everybody.

Norm

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Made the jump after seeing this thread, thanks to the OP!

Here is my setup...

Wheels: 19x11 et50 SVE S350
Tires: 295/30R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Springs: Steeda Linear (added 3/8 Steeda spacer in rear)
Struts/Shocks: FRPP Track
Camber Plates: Steeda
Front spacer: 20mm
Front camber: -2.5
Front toe: 0.00
Rear spacer: none
Rear camber: -1.5
Rear toe: 0.11 (per side)

Did some minor trimming of the inner fender liner up front, but other than that no rubbing or clearance issues anywhere. Have been using this setup for HPDE and daily driving, The grip is unbelievable... keeping up with other cars running NT01s in the corners.
Looks fantastic man. It's reassuring to see how nicely those fit. I've got a set of four 305/30R19 MPSC2's sitting in my basement waiting to do pretty much the exact same set up.

hson10

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Hans
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, been following this thread for a little bit now. Was wondering if anybody got around to taking pictures with their 35 sidewall setup.
Trying to fit a 305/35/19 in the front, and I know it's been confirmed that a 305/30/19 will fit with no issues at all (I have stance coils with about -3 degrees of camber). But I'm really wanting that extra sidewall for nicer ride / meatier look. Any help appreciated!

Sponsored

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP in Deep Impact Blue
Hey guys, been following this thread for a little bit now. Was wondering if anybody got around to taking pictures with their 35 sidewall setup.
Trying to fit a 305/35/19 in the front, and I know it's been confirmed that a 305/30/19 will fit with no issues at all (I have stance coils with about -3 degrees of camber). But I'm really wanting that extra sidewall for nicer ride / meatier look. Any help appreciated!
Wolverine is running 305/35/R19 Nitto NT555 G2's squared. 19x11 wheels, +50 offset. Think it was a 20mm spacer up front. This worked on the stock GT PP suspension.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I have done it before and it does work sir.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Made the jump after seeing this thread, thanks to the OP!

Here is my setup...

Wheels: 19x11 et50 SVE S350
Tires: 295/30R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Springs: Steeda Linear (added 3/8 Steeda spacer in rear)
Struts/Shocks: FRPP Track
Camber Plates: Steeda
Front spacer: 20mm
Front camber: -2.5
Front toe: 0.00
Rear spacer: none
Rear camber: -1.5
Rear toe: 0.11 (per side)

Did some minor trimming of the inner fender liner up front, but other than that no rubbing or clearance issues anywhere. Have been using this setup for HPDE and daily driving, The grip is unbelievable... keeping up with other cars running NT01s in the corners.

26341326598_c7bf80e41f_b.jpg
Do you have a side shot?

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
Wolverine is running 305/35/R19 Nitto NT555 G2's squared. 19x11 wheels, +50 offset. Think it was a 20mm spacer up front. This worked on the stock GT PP suspension.
Thanks @TigerFire13

Yes it’s true I am running 19x11 +50 squared, with 305/35R19 Nitto G2s. The 35 aspect ratio is important to note (because most guys run 305/30), and to be clear yes the 305/35 do fit fine. There is no interference with any hard parts, and strut clearances are fine even with the taller tire. I initially went with 1” spacers and had plenty of clearance so I dropped to 20mm. There is a nub on the fender liner that juts out slightly that the tire rubbed on but it self-clearanced within a day. Smaller than a quarter, and nothing concerning in the slightest. Trim it off beforehand with a knife if you prefer a 110% guarantee of no rub ever.

The handling is great with squared tires, one of my favorite mods yet. Also...do it the proper way and use longer ARP studs (the 1” longer variety) and slide-on bolt-through spacers. Don’t use those bolt-on adapters if you can avoid it, especially if you will be on track or autocrossing the car, or hard street driving.

Sponsored

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They hold up exceptionally well. I typically run 4-5 20 minute sessions a month... after every track day I normally go through ~.5 of a 32nd worth of thread. Camber and frequent rotations help.

On track they communicate at the limit, are predictable, steering changes are crisp (perhaps attributed to the smaller sidewall on the 295/30) and they are surprisingly sticky for a "300 TW" tire. They do not chunk and the outer edges hold up well.

For someone who is not chasing after the best time and want something they can daily that will still stand up to track day abuse at a HPDE... these MPS4S are by far the best choice in my opinion. These are actually my second set... was using 285/35 PS4S on 19x10 before. I plan to buy another set when these are gone.
I am interested in a similar setup except 295/35r19...but manufacturers keep steering me to 285's

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
I am interested in a similar setup except 295/35r19...but manufacturers keep steering me to 285's
What do you mean the manufacturers are steering you to 285? ......steer the other way!

If you’re going with 11” wide wheels, the 295 (or larger) tires will be a perfect fit. The 285’s are a frequently suggested setup because they work for the 95% of guys who want a bolt-on solution that just works without any effort. They run 10” wheels usually with offsets in a certain range so they don’t even have to bother with spacers or studs. There is nothing wrong with that route....but for minimal effort you can really push a lot further into getting real grip and serious tires under this car.

19x11” with 305’s is what I’d consider the normal baseline for street/track driving at even the beginner level. The 2018 GT PP2 comes from the factory on 305’s squared now, just for reference. Moving to something like 19x11” or even 19x12” and upsizing the tires to 315-325 if you’re a serious track driver. And for those with a screw loose (kidding - you’re my heroes!) you may have seen the 18x13” setup with 335’s on an autocross car or two.

All of these setups are “squared”.

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What do you mean the manufacturers are steering you to 285? ......steer the other way!

If you’re going with 11” wide wheels, the 295 (or larger) tires will be a perfect fit. The 285’s are a frequently suggested setup because they work for the 95% of guys who want a bolt-on solution that just works without any effort. They run 10” wheels usually with offsets in a certain range so they don’t even have to bother with spacers or studs. There is nothing wrong with that route....but for minimal effort you can really push a lot further into getting real grip and serious tires under this car.

19x11” with 305’s is what I’d consider the normal baseline for street/track driving at even the beginner level. The 2018 GT PP2 comes from the factory on 305’s squared now, just for reference. Moving to something like 19x11” or even 19x12” and upsizing the tires to 315-325 if you’re a serious track driver. And for those with a screw loose (kidding - you’re my heroes!) you may have seen the 18x13” setup with 335’s on an autocross car or two.

All of these setups are “squared”.
I like you my man. This is my first mustang so I wasn't sure about fitment but I noticed the same thing with pp2 and although the Shelby has different fender measurements it still has much bigger wheel/tire setup. I def am leaning in the 295-305 range, I don't daily my car but I do still want some decent drivability (spirited). Would your recommended setup be strictly for track or you is it a good combo of both?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Is that the tire mfrs, the wheel mfrs, or the tire&wheel supply houses trying to steer you into the tire size of their choice? I agree with Wolverine . . . push back (and make sure you talk to a live human who can understand what you're seeking).

FWIW, 285/35's are OK on 11" wide rims. It's a mild stretch - 11" is right at the usual "max-recommended-width", but it's easily do-able.

Norm

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is that the tire mfrs, the wheel mfrs, or the tire&wheel supply houses trying to steer you into the tire size of their choice? I agree with Wolverine . . . push back (and make sure you talk to a live human who can understand what you're seeking).

FWIW, 285/35's are OK on 11" wide rims. It's a mild stretch - 11" is right at the usual "max-recommended-width", but it's easily do-able.

Norm
I should have been more specific, but it was tire/wheel supply who then needed to contact the wheel manufacturer.

So are 295's a stretch on 11" or would 305's be the better option? I have a 2018 GT (non PP).
Sponsored