rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
While driving looked down and the speedo was displayed and working but the to the left of the speedo was blank with two green lines going through the top 1/3 of the cluster. Nothing worked other than the speedo. No buttons or any other input had an effect.

Pulled over and shut off the car. Restarted and the digital cluster came back. For the next 50 minutes the cluster worked correctly.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Sponsored

nrossell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP MagneRide B&O AE
My display completely went blank for about 30 seconds. Only 200 miles on the car at the time driving the car back to Minnesota from the dealer in Missouri. Haven’t seen it have a problem since.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Windows driver? ... LoL :)

Could be any kind of glitch, all you can do is monitor it for now, and if it keeps doing it time to visit the dealer.

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
My display completely went blank for about 30 seconds. Only 200 miles on the car at the time driving the car back to Minnesota from the dealer in Missouri. Haven’t seen it have a problem since.
We picked up the car in OH and drove back to CT. In the back of my mind had thoughts of something similar happening in the middle of PA. However, the drive was uneventful.

Looking at the display again it seems like it started to go into a screen where it is looking an OK button press to select an option but got stuck in the middle of drawing the screen. I had my phone connected and using Android Auto with Waze running. That setup worked well and the past and to this point but that could have caused the glitch.

Rob

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Windows driver? ... LoL :)

Could be any kind of glitch, all you can do is monitor it for now, and if it keeps doing it time to visit the dealer.
As much as I would want to blame Windows it could be a Google glitch....

Agreed on monitoring.

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored

OP
OP
rtg

rtg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1+
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I now can recreate this scenario at will. The setup is a Note 8 connected via Android Auto playing Spotify and Waze running. Call going in session, received or originated does not matter. At end of call pressing the phone icon on the steering ends the call and then Spotify starts to play for a second or two then stops. The display blanks left of speedo with two horizontal lines. The same ones when selecting on option but no option is displayed. Pressing OK does not do anything. Yesterday, being surprised I did not try the back button but today I did and it does clear the screen and goes back to normal display mode.

So does appear to be a software bug but not a sign of a defect in the cluster.

Rob

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Just try getting the service department to replicate that and report the bug! They will make it next to impossible but at least there is a workaround.

My navigation and BT connection both locked up on Sync 3 the other day.
Sponsored