Sponsored

Turbo noise

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Hi! New EB owner for about 3 weeks now. I love the car, but I noticed when I test drove one in March I could hear the turbo noise when accelerating.

Mine was a special order, yesterday I decided to take it out without any music and couldn’t hear the turbo like in the one I test drove. I can see the gauge going up to 20-30 psi when I accelerate it.

I know the engine noise is “fake” and my car still stock (want to keep it that way for a year or so). Is it normal? It’s a 2018 PP with A10 trans.
Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Hi! New EB owner for about 3 weeks now. I love the car, but I noticed when I test drove one in March I could hear the turbo noise when accelerating.

Mine was a special order, yesterday I decided to take it out without any music and couldn’t hear the turbo like in the one I test drove. I can see the gauge going up to 20-30 psi when I accelerate it.
Was the one you drove in March a 2018? You say yours is a "special order." In what way?

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Functioning as designed .. if you start hearing it is when you should check the charge pipes connections , especially at the intercooler .

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Was the one you drove in March a 2018? You say yours is a "special order." In what way?
Yes I test drove a 2018 with PP, but it was lightning blue and didn’t had all the options I wanted.

So I made a special order:
-Royal Crimson
-EB Premium with 201A
-10 Speed Auto
-Performance Pack
-Shaker Pro
-Safe and Smart

I wanted magneride but 2018 orders were having issues with supply, so I took it out the order.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Functioning as designed .. if you start hearing it is when you should check the charge pipes connections , especially at the intercooler .
Good to know then. Thanks! :)

So they enginenieered to “sound” as a normal aspireted engine.

Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Yes I test drove a 2018 with PP, but it was lightning blue and didn’t had all the options I wanted.

So I made a special order:
-Royal Crimson
-EB Premium with 201A
-10 Speed Auto
-Performance Pack
-Shaker Pro
-Safe and Smart

I wanted magneride but 2018 orders were having issues with supply, so I took it out the order.
Ok, got it. I'm not sure why you were hearing the turbo on the car you test drove; perhaps there was an issue like that described by Brian V. I can hear the turbo on my car, but only under very specific circumstances. For example, if the windows are open and I'm driving next to a wall that can reflect the noise back to the open window.

If I'm driving with the windows up I can't hear the turbo at all.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Ok, got it. I'm not sure why you were hearing the turbo on the car you test drove; perhaps there was an issue like that described by Brian V. I can hear the turbo on my car, but only under very specific circumstances. For example, if the windows are open and I'm driving next to a wall that can reflect the noise back to the open window.

If I'm driving with the windows up I can't hear the turbo at all.
Yeah, I remember to hear the turbo spooling up while accelerating the test drive car. It only had about 10 miles on it, thank you guys.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I've noticed I can hear my turbo more as the car ages...you really have to dig into it to get the turbo noises, though :wink:

wes936

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue EB 6MT
If you want to hear the turbo noise better, take out that stock drop in paper filter and put in a high flow drop in filter like a K&N or similar, if you have a brand preference. Also having that 10 speed slushbox, its shifting the gears so often, you may never hear it in the lower gears as you never staying in boost very long.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I have a pssh bpv adapter if you want sound in the classified section..