Sponsored

How hard is it REALLY to installed LTH at home?

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
it really makes the car a joy drive again!
You were right . X muffler installed. Took away the metal and rasp sound. I like driving the car again. It's not quiet by any means but no longer annoying. Purrs like a kitten at highway speeds. Love it
Sponsored

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
After 4 minutes of driving with LTH I went home and removed my Borla catback and installed my factory catback. I love the sound now.
LOL, I had a similar issue. The sound was too much to bare for day to day driving not to mention the KILLER cold starts in the morning. lol I thought my neighbors were going to kill me. I went a different route though. I bought a Remus Active exhaust. Now I can be as quiet as a mouse and obnoxious when I want to be. :)

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I paid $600 to have a speed shop install mine here in Pittsburgh.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Id have the long tubes already if there was an affordable option to mate up the cheap headers to a cat back system. Cant justify the $2k for catted when stainless headers can be had for $300

JakeW1990

'JSW90'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th Anniversary Edition
Just got a quote today to have my Hooker Blackhearts installed with custom 3" connecting pipes to my Corsa Xtremes for $350. I'm absolutely jumping all over this. I picked up the LTH yesterday, BNIB, for $200. Guy got them on a trade and doesn't own a Mustang. I'll be looking at ~$600 for name brand LTH + install.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Just got a quote today to have my Hooker Blackhearts installed with custom 3" connecting pipes to my Corsa Xtremes for $350. I'm absolutely jumping all over this. I picked up the LTH yesterday, BNIB, for $200. Guy got them on a trade and doesn't own a Mustang. I'll be looking at ~$600 for name brand LTH + install.
That's a steal and a half. Congrats. Post clips after !

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I was hoping this thread would fill with tales of successful home installs...

I'd love to fit some headers myself later in the year. Being Down Under, they'll be RHD but will still encounter similar issues, so it's great to read other peoples experiences and install tips.

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
8 hrs on jack stands with a tool runner.. I could probably do it in 6 now that I know what all is involved.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2015 Silverado 1500, 2017 Kawasaki z650
After 4 minutes of driving with LTH I went home and removed my Borla catback and installed my factory catback. I love the sound now.
Are you referring to the ford performance borla catback exhaust? Was it really that much louder going lth? also did you go with the kits that has the green cats in it or straight offroad?

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Are you referring to the ford performance borla catback exhaust? Was it really that much louder going lth? also did you go with the kits that has the green cats in it or straight offroad?
I had the ATAK 2.5" system. It sounded good with the stock manifolds, I went with Kooks 1 3/4" catless. It sounded like it was 2x as loud. I looked into buying the touring resonator or even the Magnaflo True X resonator but after watching multiple videos and talking to people I came to the conclusion that it would be too loud for me.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2015 Silverado 1500, 2017 Kawasaki z650
I had the ATAK 2.5" system. It sounded good with the stock manifolds, I went with Kooks 1 3/4" catless. It sounded like it was 2x as loud. I looked into buying the touring resonator or even the Magnaflo True X resonator but after watching multiple videos and talking to people I came to the conclusion that it would be too loud for me.
I just bought the muffler delete tailpipes to run for now when I'm headed to car shows and such, but on the fence whether to get high flow cats to dumb it down with the ford performance catback When I go for a set of long tubes. it's fairly loud right now, especially on cold starts.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I just bought the muffler delete tailpipes to run for now when I'm headed to car shows and such, but on the fence whether to get high flow cats to dumb it down with the ford performance catback When I go for a set of long tubes. it's fairly loud right now, especially on cold starts.
I would try to find someone locally at a car meet with off-road LTH and ask which cat back they’re running and listen to it. If I wanted some more rumble from my setup I’d buy the resonator delete. I regret buying the overpriced Borla ATAK cat back but you live and you learn. Ended up selling the ATAK for $650.

The install quotes you guys are finding are insanely low, if it were me I’d do it for anything under 700. It took my about 12 hours on my lift at my house but I also took my time and screwed around a lot. Easy to install though, patience and harbor freight are your friend.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I know it's a different car, but I installed headers on a '95 T-Bird Super Coupe. If someone offered to do it for me for $350, I'd pay it in a second.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm usually a glutton for punishment, and have installed headers on more vehicles than I probably remember. Or maybe I block it out.

Anyway, I've eyeballed it while under the Mustang changing oil and thought, "Nah, I think not."

My blood pressure would rather pay someone a reasonable fee, and $350 is definitely that.
Sponsored