Sponsored

10 speed tranny downshifting HARD!

Ace21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
For those who are having the harsh downshift issue, would you mind posting your build dates?
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Build dates are in my sig

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
There was an update to the transmission software and it fixed the hard downshifting and the jerk into D.
any more info on this?

Stein357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mine was delivered in early April, I believe it was a March build. Unfortunately, the paperwork wasn't ready when I picked up the car, so they're mailing me the paperwork that might have more information on it. It's definitely not normal though as Ford has put out a software update for it.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
When was the update released?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ratfink53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium
For those who are having the harsh downshift issue, would you mind posting your build dates?
Mine was built in Nov, 2017

Frank Castle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Build Date - 10/16/17

Brought my car to the dealer Monday ... Was told nothing about a software update for Transmission ... Was told the issue is a bad valve body, which I have seen others report, part is on backorder with no estimated ship/delivery date ... dealer has no loaner or rental car to give me ... was told I don't even get that without an extended warranty.

I'm not typing out all the insane back and forth I've had with the dealer and service center because it's too much but this is starting to get a little nightmare-ish.

Ace21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
Build Date - 10/16/17

Brought my car to the dealer Monday ... Was told nothing about a software update for Transmission ... Was told the issue is a bad valve body, which I have seen others report, part is on backorder with no estimated ship/delivery date ... dealer has no loaner or rental car to give me ... was told I don't even get that without an extended warranty.

I'm not typing out all the insane back and forth I've had with the dealer and service center because it's too much but this is starting to get a little nightmare-ish.
If they have the car then they are full of shit. They should be supplying a rental at least. I would escalate your situation to Ford corporate.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there a TSB, GSM or SSM on the valve body issue OR the 10R80 software update?

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm not having any serious issues, but just for future reference, is there a specific method to "reset" the transmission programming and clear "learned" parameters? On the S197, I think just unhooking the battery for a while would do that, or maybe pulling a particular fuse for a certain length of time.

Half the time when a dealer "fixes" something like this, I suspect they just wipe the memory and hope it doesn't happen again.

Sponsored

boogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP Auto
My car goes in next Thursday. I'll report back if anything useful comes of it.

Frank Castle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If they have the car then they are full of shit. They should be supplying a rental at least. I would escalate your situation to Ford corporate.
My car was put back together and returned to me until the part comes in. When I picked the car up I was told the issue is a bad solenoid but it's easier to replace the entire valve body because it's difficult to figure out which of the solenoids in the transmission went bad. I'm supposed to get a call when the part is in and the car can be repaired. I'll post if/when anything changes.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mine seems to have an issue with 4 gear in general, it doesn't like to shift into or out of 4th regardless if its sport or normal mode, with or without the paddles shifts. It seems to be the worst in low rpm paddle shifts from 4th to 5th. I've done some reading and seems like others are having issues with solenoids and valve bodies... I guess my only option is to call the dealer for an appointment.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)