Sponsored

BMR Suspension's CB762 4-Piece IRS Subframe Brace System, Production has commenced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
We are happy to announce that production has begun on our 2015-2019 S550 Mustang IRS Bracing System! (CB762)

Since 2014 BMR has been rigorously testing and pushing the limits of the S550 Mustang Chassis and Suspension and we are continually looking to improve upon it as each and every day passes.

Over the past few years we have seen an extreme demand for a bracing system that is compatible with our super-popular CB005 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit, but making that happen while improving the mounting and rigidity of the IRS Subframe proved to be challenging. Our CB005 works so well that for the masses the redundancy just never appealed to us. The chassis of the S550 is very rigid, so bracing the IRS to the chassis primarily serves the purpose of reducing IRS Subframe movement under loads, our CB005 does this very effectively by itself.

After a few years of drawing parts up, making prototypes and testing, we finally came to a design in which we feel is as "good as it gets" when relying on bracing to add additional rigidity to the IRS-to-Chassis mounting. ADDITIONALLY, the CB762 kit adds additional reinforcement to the IRS Subframe itself by tying in to the front leg of the subframe where the leverage is reduced on the component. This area sees significant loads as it is directly in front of the Front Rear Lower Arm pivot point and just rearward of the front Subframe-to-chassis mounting point. In the rear we take the "zero movement" approach by mounting a SUPER heavy-duty plate beneath the sway-bar mounts and we then tie that into the rear bushing mount - it is locked SOLID. This rear mounting method ensures the rear of the IRS subframe does not move or drop at all under heavy loads, which in-turn helps with the movement of the overall system by reducing twist loads on the front mounts.

The best feature of the CB762 is that it will work on an S550 (hardtop coupe) that has any aftermarket IRS component installed, except other bracing kits that use the same chassis mounts. This kit also works with most Chassis Jacking Rails, to include our extremely popular BMR-CJR002 Jacking Rails!

BMR-CB762: $199.95 Introductory Price! Call 813-986-9302 M-F 9AM to 6PM EST to place your order.

- 4-piece IRS Bracing System, most thorough IRS Bracing System Available
- Reduces IRS Movement and IRS Assembly Deflection
- Compatible with BMR and other IRS Modifications / Mounting Solutions
- Zero decrease in ground clearance
- Extremely easy bolt-on installation
- Works better than any other bracing solution when used alone as a single product
- Reinforces critical areas of the IRS Subframe by reducing leverage
- High-Quality hardware for installation included
- Made of U.S. Materials by U.S workers!

Designed, Tested, Manufactured and Shipped from our facilities in the U.S.A! (Seffner, FL and Lakeland, FL)
CB762 - 1.jpg
CB762 - 3.jpg
CB762 - 6.jpg
CB762 - 5.jpg
CB762 - 4.jpg
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
@BMR Tech I have an application question. From the looks of the picture and from your write up, CB005 looks to be able to mount up in addition to this kit. Do you have scenarios where each combination would be best
  • CB005 by itself
  • CB762 by itself
  • CB005 and CB762
Not a fan of super uber overkill but getting power down and reducing unwanted flex is always a good thing. Its a question of application. For example: highly recommended for cars who are launching with 1000+ HP on drag slicks. I appreciate the feedback Kelly :)

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'd also like to know as well. I have the CB005 plus Steeda jacking rails.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
In for answers, curious if these eliminate the need for all of the components that are included in the CB005? If so, will you offer a full "rear lock out package" so we wouldn't have unused parts from either kit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
@BMR Tech I have an application question. From the looks of the picture and from your write up, CB005 looks to be able to mount up in addition to this kit. Do you have scenarios where each combination would be best
  • CB005 by itself
  • CB762 by itself
  • CB005 and CB762
Not a fan of super uber overkill but getting power down and reducing unwanted flex is always a good thing. Its a question of application. For example: highly recommended for cars who are launching with 1000+ HP on drag slicks. I appreciate the feedback Kelly :)
I'd also like to know as well. I have the CB005 plus Steeda jacking rails.
In for answers, curious if these eliminate the need for all of the components that are included in the CB005? If so, will you offer a full "rear lock out package" so we wouldn't have unused parts from either kit?
The CB762 and CB005 are indeed compatible. Without going to far into the minutia, the CB005 will typically remove 85-95% of the movement of the Subframe in relation to the chassis. When you add the CB762 to the mix, you are closer to achieving 100% reduction. The combination of the CB005 and the CB762 is essentially getting the benefit of a solid bushing mounted IRS Subframe, but with less NVH and of course no permanent modifying.

Those who have solid bushings, the CB762 is an excellent add-on to help strength the Subframe AND at that point, it will work as a TRUE total/overall chassis brace. For whatever reason, people seem to believe that bracing the IRS Subframe to the chassis without additional mods is beneficial to the chassis itself - but at that point you are simply trying to stabilize the IRS just as you are with "bushing mods". Solid mounting the IRS subframe THEN bracing it to the chassis is really the only way to truly benefit from bracing outside or IRS SUbframe movement reduction.

For the consumers who have the CB005 or other brand IRS bushing insert/lockout kits - the addition of the CB762 is basically for those looking for a little more rigidity once they up their game (power, performance)

@Det-Riot I am not 100% sure what you are asking specifically. But I hope this helps.

-CB005 Alone: Best first mod to the IRS
-CB005 and CB762 Combined: Best solution for those who want the MOST rigid mounted IRS without going solid bushings (low NVH)
-CB762 Alone: Best stand alone bracing system without adding any other modifications
-CB762 and Solid Bushings Combined: Best overall IRS Mounting and Best improvement in chassis rigidity. (NVH is high)

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
The CB762 and CB005 are indeed compatible. Without going to far into the minutia, the CB005 will typically remove 85-95% of the movement of the Subframe in relation to the chassis. When you add the CB762 to the mix, you are closer to achieving 100% reduction. The combination of the CB005 and the CB762 is essentially getting the benefit of a solid bushing mounted IRS Subframe, but with less NVH and of course no permanent modifying.

Those who have solid bushings, the CB762 is an excellent add-on to help strength the Subframe AND at that point, it will work as a TRUE total/overall chassis brace. For whatever reason, people seem to believe that bracing the IRS Subframe to the chassis without additional mods is beneficial to the chassis itself - but at that point you are simply trying to stabilize the IRS just as you are with "bushing mods". Solid mounting the IRS subframe THEN bracing it to the chassis is really the only way to truly benefit from bracing outside or IRS SUbframe movement reduction.

For the consumers who have the CB005 or other brand IRS bushing insert/lockout kits - the addition of the CB762 is basically for those looking for a little more rigidity once they up their game (power, performance)

@Det-Riot I am not 100% sure what you are asking specifically. But I hope this helps.

-CB005 Alone: Best first mod to the IRS
-CB005 and CB762 Combined: Best solution for those who want the MOST rigid mounted IRS without going solid bushings (low NVH)
-CB762 Alone: Best stand alone bracing system without adding any other modifications
-CB762 and Solid Bushings Combined: Best overall IRS Mounting and Best improvement in chassis rigidity. (NVH is high)

Sorry let me rephrase. Early responses when I'm at work don't always translate well from brain to text.

The CB005 comes with the beefed up front braces, the 4 black upper spacers, and 2 rear lower spacers:
391002?$mproductlarge$&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

The installed pictures for the CB762 show the rear lower spacers as seen here:
cb762-3-jpg.jpg

When you order the CB762 does it come with the rear lower spacers as shown above or just the braces as pictured below?
cb762-4-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Just comes with what you see. They are two totally separate and totally complete kits with similar and also very different functions.

Here they are paired together during development. :)
CB762 Dev 2.jpg
CB762 Dev 1.jpg

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Just comes with what you see. They are two totally separate and totally complete kits with similar and also very different functions.

Here they are paired together during development. :)
I literally had to flip between the BMR site pictures of CB005 and the pics you posted above to see the different mounting points.
cb762-6-jpg.jpg

CB005_image4_small.jpg

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind, the CB005 front arm is not bracing the IRS Subframe.

That part was designed to help square the subframe, support the subframe from dropping under braking, add a jacking point and add rigidity to the stock mounting point inside the chassis/and the bolt.

Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Ahhh okay that picture cleared it up for me! Thanks for the insight!

codesx100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
will you offer a full "rear lock out package" so we wouldn't have unused parts from either kit?
Putting them in a combo with a few dollars shaven off, would be awesome. Would be an instant must buy IMO. I must say good job to the guys at BMR for making this, can't wait to pick this up with the CB005.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Hmm... interesting. Not sure if the plate under the sway mounts would work with my relocated sway bar bracket (from my ridetech coilover kit).

It probably would, thinking more about it, though.

Gamer1886

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium w/pp
So if you were only going to do one or the other (cb005 or cb762) which one do you pick?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
So if you were only going to do one or the other (cb005 or cb762) which one do you pick?
See the bottom of post #6. Seems CB762 but his write up in post #6 sort of speaks to why it is a winner no matter which way you go.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.