Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I guess to along with my top pick I'll include a little about who I am. I'm retired Military so naturally I am very Pro-Military, Fireman, Police.....and Coast Guard..hahaha. In my eyes these are the people who make this country great and at sometimes at a very high price and do so for little pay. Don't get upset....there are several others that make this country great as well. I think early in my life Reagan was an amazing Democrat turn Republican who saw today's world. I also feel his era was the peak of America. This is of course not taking into consideration that we still had a large journey in terms of equality and racism ahead of us even at that point. The Bush's were not bad in my opinion and thought along the lines of my own thought process. Absolutely not a fan of Clinton although the economy did not suffer under him. Obama in my eyes is a terrorist..no need to elaborate and if that pisses you off, not my intent. Trump......was not a huge fan of his "circus" style less than political please stay the hell of twitter personality. But in the same breath....that is what I love about him. Everyone that is pissed at him, are people I highly dislike. He can't be bought, isn't a politician, respects those I mentioned above, took a pay cut to be President, donates his pay and I could go on. This liberal disease has REALLY taken a foothold and Trump is so pissing them off daily. My investments literally jump straight up when he took office as I'm sure you know. So yeah....I'm thinking Trump may make America Great Again....I'm absolutely thrilled at the current state of progress.
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well said Shane. My thoughts nearly mirror yours.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Harry S.Truman, Democrat. He is underrated. Saw the conclusion of WW2. :flag:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Made the decision which concluded WWII.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
I guess to along with my top pick I'll include a little about who I am. I'm retired Military so naturally I am very Pro-Military, Fireman, Police.....and Coast Guard..hahaha. In my eyes these are the people who make this country great and at sometimes at a very high price and do so for little pay. Don't get upset....there are several others that make this country great as well. I think early in my life Reagan was an amazing Democrat turn Republican who saw today's world. I also feel his era was the peak of America. This is of course not taking into consideration that we still had a large journey in terms of equality and racism ahead of us even at that point. The Bush's were not bad in my opinion and thought along the lines of my own thought process. Absolutely not a fan of Clinton although the economy did not suffer under him. Obama in my eyes is a terrorist..no need to elaborate and if that pisses you off, not my intent. Trump......was not a huge fan of his "circus" style less than political please stay the hell of twitter personality. But in the same breath....that is what I love about him. Everyone that is pissed at him, are people I highly dislike. He can't be bought, isn't a politician, respects those I mentioned above, took a pay cut to be President, donates his pay and I could go on. This liberal disease has REALLY taken a foothold and Trump is so pissing them off daily. My investments literally jump straight up when he took office as I'm sure you know. So yeah....I'm thinking Trump may make America Great Again....I'm absolutely thrilled at the current state of progress.
Agree 100% - I too am Military, though not retired...yet. Came in during the Bush 2.0 years, things were good from a military perspective besides being involved in 2 virtually un-winnable wars which we are still in. The Obama years were some very dark years for mil folks, pay raises that didn’t even keep up with inflation but more so massive cuts in manpower simultaneous with increased deployment demand. The message back in those days was "do more with less" which absolutely burned most of us out. 2013 was the peak of the dark days under the Obama Admin, in 2013 my particular branch was forced to implement 17 new ways of dumping manpower in a hurry because of sequestration. I watched a lot of my colleagues and friends get canned because we were nearly instantly 30,000 overmanned under the sequester. The very next year ISIS/ISIL was the new big deal in the middle east and operations quickly ramped up, but with such a depleted manpower end strength, it was a struggle, at least for my branch, deployment tempo hit an all-time high by 2015 into 2016. Some of the first moves Trump made in early 2017 was to correct this, our pay is keeping pace with inflation, deployments haven’t slowed down, but manpower has been increased so the deployment load on the individual is decreased. So is Trump my favorite President or best president of all time? IDK yet, but he is my favorite Commander In Chief out of the 3 iv served under

Last edited:

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Abraham Lincoln
His determined leadership during the Civil War and policies regarding Reconstruction resulted in maintaining the political, social and economic integrity and stability of the United States.
A united nation under the unwavering leadership of FDR and Truman, supported and provided the “Greates Generation” soldiers of all races and religions who won WWII.
IMO, the second greatest generation are the troopers who fought in Iraq and are still fighting and dying in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Made the decision which concluded WWII.
He could have went with the invasion of Japan. 250,000 more soldiers plus additional personal & machinery. He saw the conclusion as dropping "THE BOMB" instead of prolonging the war. Still he really did not conclude the war. This action led to its end. Japan had to surrender . They did sign the surrender papers ,on a Battleship to conclude all hostilities. The name of the Battleship eludes me currently. They surrendered to a General who was present for the signing.:flag:

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
He could have went with the invasion of Japan. 250,000 more soldiers plus additional personal & machinery. He saw the conclusion as dropping "THE BOMB" instead of prolonging the war. Still he really did not conclude the war. This action led to its end. Japan had to surrender . They did sign the surrender papers ,on a Battleship to conclude all hostilities. The name of the Battleship eludes me currently. They surrendered to a General who was present for the signing.:flag:
USS Missouri, which has its own interesting history

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Eisenhower imo. We've had a string of economically terrible presidents since Vietnam. It's hard for me to be excited about anyone since that era. Echoing the thoughts about Obama, he was forcing attrition into the military without stating his policy to avoid political discourse which was very disingenuous considering he kept us in two unwinnable wars. However, it wasn't his fault we were there. It has taken a bipartisan effort to get this country where it is today and that's not a good thing. Mr. Cheeto fingers has actually been doing well and it's a bit silly at the moment to state otherwise. He at least acknowledges the need to grow the middle class through policy. The tariffs are evidence of this, although I am not sure they are the best choice, at least we're not being 100% sold out to foreign interest. This is why I pick Eisenhower. We're in a situation right now that he tried to avoid by creating a tax structure that gave huge tax incentives to companies that trained & took care of their workers. But I think we still need tariffs to create an environment where tax incentives can work for companies, as for the most part they pay ~0% due to loop holes and we're not even trying to stop it right now. Apple is nearly a trillion dollar/yr company and they don't pay taxes on that.

I see Reagan's war on drugs and Obama's discrete social engineer practices as two sides of the same divisive coin.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Eisenhower imo. We've had a string of economically terrible presidents since Vietnam. It's hard for me to be excited about anyone since that era. Echoing the thoughts about Obama, he was forcing attrition into the military without stating his policy to avoid political discourse which was very disingenuous considering he kept us in two unwinnable wars. However, it wasn't his fault we were there. It has taken a bipartisan effort to get this country where it is today and that's not a good thing. Mr. Cheeto fingers has actually been doing well and it's a bit silly at the moment to state otherwise. He at least acknowledges the need to grow the middle class through policy. The tariffs are evidence of this, although I am not sure they are the best choice, at least we're not being 100% sold out to foreign interest. This is why I pick Eisenhower. We're in a situation right now that he tried to avoid by creating a tax structure that gave huge tax incentives to companies that trained & took care of their workers. But I think we still need tariffs to create an environment where tax incentives can work for companies, as for the most part they pay ~0% due to loop holes and we're not even trying to stop it right now. Apple is nearly a trillion dollar/yr company and they don't pay taxes on that.
What policy, specifically do you rekon he is growing the middle class with??

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
What policy, specifically do you rekon he is growing the middle class with??
I don't see anywhere where I stated that he has done so. However, we've somehow managed to avoid additional wars, so that's neat. Somehow I feel like all of the other candidates last cycle were bent on their theater of choice for conflict, and were pushing that as a "new issue" that needed to addressed.

Last edited:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I don't see anywhere where I stated that he has done so. However, we've somehow managed to avoid additional wars, so that's neat. Somehow I feel like all of the other candidates last cycle were bent on their theater of choice for conflict, and were pushing that as a "new issue" that needed to addressed.
Gotcha. Missed that action vs acknowledge.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
The problem with America is priviledged americans who think they are entitled but don't care to work for it and blame everyone else for their problems. The majority of the Right falls into that category.
This is very very far from the truth. The left practically owns all of that side of the field. All you have to do is follow the bread crumbs. AHCA, welfare, and pretty much every entitlement program is colored blue. Paid for by the Red. Facts.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Best proven president: George Washington
Why: he was a badass leader and set a bar none have matched
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.