Sponsored

18 Cervini grille, needed something so....

Center, side, none

• Total voters

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm going to add this 67' GT emblem. I love the design, it's understated, and I haven't seen it (though I'm sure it's been done). Constructive criticism? Center? Side? None?
20180809_183851.jpg
20180809_182536.jpg
20180809_182525.jpg
20180809_182515.jpg
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not a fan of alphanumeric badging but the surround sort of cancels that aspect out. Voted centered.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
First of all, that looks like some quality shop help you've got there... :like:

Second, although I voted side, I really like the centered look of that badge on your car as well. All three look great, but I'm considering a side placement for my custom emblem - I think that looks more like a special edition of something vs. the center pony, etc. Perhaps that's the Shelby influence... the Shelby badge is maybe 2x the height of the GT badge, so it shows up well on the side of the grille opening.

OK, I'm changing my vote back to center. The smaller GT emblem looks best in the center where it shows better.

OP
OP
NIXPP2

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, that looks like some quality shop help you've got there... :like:

Second, although I voted side, I really like the centered look of that badge on your car as well. All three look great, but I'm considering a side placement for my custom emblem - I think that looks more like a special edition of something vs. the center pony, etc. Perhaps that's the Shelby influence... the Shelby badge is maybe 2x the height of the GT badge, so it shows up well on the side of the grille opening.

OK, I'm changing my vote back to center. The smaller GT emblem looks best in the center where it shows better.
You spotted my garage buddy, I can't go in there without her following me. I have to be extra vigilant, she reeeally wants to help, which to her could mean a ratchet to the side of the car. When my son was that age he tried to help my wax my black beemer. With a rock.

I settled on middle Sunday, filled the back in with Bondo and then used 3m red tape to stick it. Really happy with it, and it gets a lot of compliments. Definitely different, which I like! I am open to changing things up, I also was thinking a Tri Bar in the right size, maybe even painted in a grey/black/silver or something would be great on the side of the grill. Old school emblems are cheap, order one and get to it! I want to see more originality around here:fistbump:!
20180814_181706.jpg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Outstanding! Looks like it belongs there, but is a subtle nod to history.

The emblem I'm working on is also from the 65-66 timeframe, but not one that is on anybody's shelf so I'm seeing what I can cook up on the 3D printer. My 13-yr-old came up with a prototype for me, and I'll get him to help me finalize the design I'm working on for the front & back of the car. The ponies are pretty big...

Sponsored

OP
OP
NIXPP2

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Outstanding! Looks like it belongs there, but is a subtle nod to history.

The emblem I'm working on is also from the 65-66 timeframe, but not one that is on anybody's shelf so I'm seeing what I can cook up on the 3D printer. My 13-yr-old came up with a prototype for me, and I'll get him to help me finalize the design I'm working on for the front & back of the car. The ponies are pretty big...
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, really cool that you've got your kid involved!

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, really cool that you've got your kid involved!
Gotta start 'em young, and try to keep 'em involved, even if they aren't spinning wrenches... #2 Son seems to have more mechanical interest, so we'll see how it goes. Fun watching them think and do!

OP
OP
NIXPP2

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I like it off center.

The splitter you have is it for the PP2(I cannot see your signature on the phone, maybe it is PP2 you have)
Yes, it's a PP2...
Sponsored