Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
I gotta say, I'm really liking the whole convertible thing. The driving experience is no longer about power, handling and braking, it's about that top being back. It creates an entirely different driving experience.

The EB 2.3 was surprisingly stout, but I think the car I was driving would be a lot better with a manual.

It was a Premium car, so I was really impressed with the sound system (not Shaker), as the base system in my car is truly pathetic. Dunno, I have been considering ditching Big Yellow for an EB vert Premium, and that drive was really impressive. Although I must say, you can feel it's missing it's roof over bumps, and the base suspension and tires are....soft.

I can only imagine a night-time top-down drive, that must be amazing.
Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I'm not a fan of the way the verts look. I think the coupe looks much better,

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
I'm not a fan of the way the verts look. I think the coupe looks much better,
Well, like I'm seeing after driving one, the ownership/driving experience is very different. Sure, the vert doesn't look as sinister as the coupe, but that's just part of the deal to drive around with a million miles of sky above your head.

I'm getting an itch.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Just get a GT vert and be done with it!

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Yeah I hear you. I had an 01 GT Vert in Hawaii. In the 3 years I had it the top was off probably 20 times. The sun on your head is a Mfer.
Driving at night with it off was nice though.

Sponsored

VertGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Convertible Guard Manual
Well, like I'm seeing after driving one, the ownership/driving experience is very different. Sure, the vert doesn't look as sinister as the coupe, but that's just part of the deal to drive around with a million miles of sky above your head.

I'm getting an itch.
NoVaGT, yes the feeling in a vert is a completely different experience. Go for it!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Im with Braski. If you go backwards in performance. Youll regret that.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I had a 2004 GT convertible. Loved the engine, sound, transmission. Hated the interior and always seemed a little "crappy" if that makes any sense, especially compared to the S550. Really hated driving that car in the rain. It freakin sounded like you were driving a tent in the rain and it was way too LOUD.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Im with Braski. If you go backwards in performance. Youll regret that.
Well.....at some point, driving in D.C. traffic as I now do, performance just doesn't matter anymore. Not at the GT PP level, EB is more than good enough. The performance driving experience is not able to be enjoyed, so the convertible experience would be another way to enjoy the drive.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Once you go topless, you can never go back my friend. When the bride said she wanted to trade her '13 Vert in for a new S550 I ask if she wanted a coupe, or convertible. She looked at me like I had worms crawling out of my eyes. I got the message. :) The only thing I suggest is that you make sure you can go from a GT to an EB. If you can, I say get that drop top.

BTW, on that perfect night, top down, cool temps, and the humidity is low makes for some of the best blood pressure medicine known to man.

41911690441_8108ef268c_c.jpg
100_4358 by Jimmy Kee, on Flickr

Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
I've owned 3 convertibles so far and as you can guess they absolutely amplify the driving experience.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I don't like the way the Mustang looks as a convertible, so when it came time to buy a GT, coupe was the only option. I was going to sell my BMW 3 series convertible to buy it, but my wife convinced me not to sell the convertible and just buy the GT. So now I have best of both, GT coupe and BMW convertible...only issue I have is how to chose which one to drive each time ;)

But yeah, if you are doing a convertible, try and go for the GT, you might end up regretting giving up the GT otherwise.

And yes, evening drives with the top down are the bomb.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I bet it's a little easier to have some "fun" in a convertible as well lol

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
As we all know from the 10,000,000th Mustang celebration this week, the very first Mustang off the assembly line was a white convertible with a black top. As much as I admire the coupes -both notchback and fastback, for me the truest Mustang experience is an open sports car. Tonight it’s after 10pm, the moon and stars are out and it’s still 85 degrees...no better way to enjoy it than with a top-down cruise in this legendary automobile!
Sponsored