Sponsored

Credit card fraud with a weird Mustand twist

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
So I go to pay one of my credit card bills tonight and notice that the minimum payment is higher than the balance should have been. I pulled up the statement and the current activity and found about 15 charges that weren't mine. All but 1 of them were from 2 pool supply places, I don't have a pool.
Why am I bringing this up here? That 1 last charge was from a vendor here. I'm not naming names because I suspect the vendor has nothing to do with it and it's probably a heck of a coincidence. I've visited their site but I've never ordered anything ( my car is still in production, I haven't ordered anything for it yet anywhere) or given them any credit card number. The bank was great, I'm confident that this will all be resolved. But still, I've gotta wonder, should this be a red flag?
Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
I doubt that there's any connection to this website. Sounds like a 'happenstance' incident.

I had credit card fraud earlier this year and it's frustrating. Bank took care of all the charges including $76.00 at Taco Bell! Nasty...

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I`'ve never given a card number to the vendor (or this site) but the more I considered the odds, the more I thought a reality check might be a good idea.

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Those shouldn't be too hard to overturn with the credit card company. Hope it works out!

Sponsored

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
I doubt that there's any connection to this website. Sounds like a 'happenstance' incident.

I had credit card fraud earlier this year and it's frustrating. Bank took care of all the charges including $76.00 at Taco Bell! Nasty...
Good God, man. If they ate it all they deserve that cash.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FWIW The cards I use send an immediate text for any purchase over $1 or $2. That has caught something like this in the bud.

Also CapitalOne Quicksilver (MasterCard flavor) has a convenient browser add-on that generates a virtual CC number and assigns it to each company you buy from and fills it in when you buy from them again. If the company gets hacked, the bad guys can't use your number. Plus you don't have to replace your physical card, just delete the virtual number for that company. I suspect other cards offer that worthwhile safeguard.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Riiiiiight. Sure. My credit card statement has also been filled with charges from mustang vendors that I have no idea where they came from :wink:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Riiiiiight. Sure. My credit card statement has also been filled with charges from mustang vendors that I have no idea where they came from :wink:
:crackup::crackup::crackup: Mine too!

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been through this before, it'll get straightened out. At this point I'm more curious about what they ordered and would it fit my car.
Sponsored