I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
So freak storm that was basically a tornado that didn't touch down went over my house last night and pelted my car with Hail. So far I'm up to 45 dings in the Roof, Roofline, Hood, Trunk, Rear Passenger Quarter, around passenger window and along my A pillar.

Going to see a body shop tomorrow... Anyone maybe able to estimate cost? Scared they are gonna total it or something.. Thanks
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Can't estimate anything without seeing anything. If they're big ones all around each panel, it is possible but hard to say.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Hail can easily total a car. sorry to hear .

Let us know what the body shop says and post pics

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I would definitely file an insurance claim, PDR (if it is even possible on yours) can get expensive quick.

Sorry to hear about your luck.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Yea hail can really mess a car up. Estimate about $100-150 per dent that's easily removed with PDR. $200+ which requires finesse. You're already up to ~5k. Any idea how big the hail was? I know the panels on the S550 aren't exactly thick, but I'd imagine anything under an inch in diameter would bounce off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kinjirra

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
This is what the average size was of the hail. Body shop says their PDR guy does aluminum and she is estimating about 3gs right now. Hard to get a good estimate with all the rain. Thank fully Insurance covers acts of god and I have 0 comp deductible.
Hail.jpg

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Did you get this fixed to your liking with PDR? I had recent hail damage and the repair was not stellar. Still going back and forth on return visits to get the ones he missed and some of the panels will just never look right again.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Did you get this fixed to your liking with PDR? I had recent hail damage and the repair was not stellar. Still going back and forth on return visits to get the ones he missed and some of the panels will just never look right again.

Change your screen name to "Golfball"
Sponsored