Sponsored

Gyeon Pure

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hi Guys
Quick Question. have anyone tried applying Gyeon Pure to your car without a garage? I know the instructions say to leave it on for 24 hours and that it should not get wet or any dew. I want to apply this but I don't have a garage and I park next to a busy road. I have worked out a way to apply it but not anyway to leave it dry for 24 hours.

Any suggestions will be appriciated

Thanks
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Could you consider parking it over night in a parking garage nearby and ubering home/back to the car? That might work out better than leaving it open to anything from the road.

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a parking Garage downtown but I really don't trust the area. I doubt I would get any sleep :D
It is a good idea however. I considered renting a U-Haul storage locker but they weren't wide enough to park it and get out, lol

Thanks

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
With Cquartz UK you can top with a coat of CarPro reload to prevent any damage for first 24h in case it gets wet, not sure if a similar product exists for Gyeon or if you could just use reload.

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With Cquartz UK you can top with a coat of CarPro reload to prevent any damage for first 24h in case it gets wet, not sure if a similar product exists for Gyeon or if you could just use reload.
I spoke with PAN the Organizer on of Youtube and he mentioned that it would need to stay dry for at least 24 hours. I believe Gyeon does have somethign but they also said you have to keep it dry and out of the dew for 24 hours

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to get it done a week ago. i basically clayed it and polished it one evening then I got up early the next morning, washed it then I went with gyeon prep one panel at a time followed by the coating so it took a little longer then I covered it for 24 hours with a car cover that kept the dew off and then the next day I applied gyeon cure.
Without a garage it got wet a couple of times during the week due to thunderstorms but I went out and dried it after and reapplied cure every time.
Since it was the first time using a ceramic coating I did miss a few spots but not too bad. It was a bit cloudy after but after the week and first wash it cleared up nicely.

I'll keep it on for the next year then I'll get it compounded and polished professionally before I reapply

Here are the results

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7gnhnL7wnbRcBrrT7

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's been about a month now since I applied the coating and It just seems to really pop after a wash. It looks like just bathe it down with oil
IMG_5511.jpg
Sponsored