Sponsored

Question re: disabling Advancetrac

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Back to the topic, on Friday 8/10 I went to the drag strip and turned off trac control and adv trac and it still cut power impacting results. ON the first run the guy who was going against me said he thought I missed a gear it was so noticeable, thankfully the car kicked back in and I beat him. Every run was saddled with power cut off when up shifting 1 - 2 with nannies turned off, this is getting frustrating.
Sponsored

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Back to the topic, on Friday 8/10 I went to the drag strip and turned off trac control and adv trac and it still cut power impacting results. Every run was saddled with power cut off when up shifting 1 - 2 with nannies turned off, this is getting frustrating.
The only time I noticed a power cut was when I had too much wheel hop during a shift.

I posted another type of power cut in the Drag section. But, I only noticed that in the data log and time slip.

I might be able to help; if you can borrow a HPtuners MPVI and capture a data log. I’ve gotten pretty good at debugging 1/4 mile logs.

Cheers,

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The only time I noticed a power cut was when I had too much wheel hop during a shift.

I posted another type of power cut in the Drag section. But, I only noticed that in the data log and time slip.

I might be able to help; if you can borrow a HPtuners MPVI and capture a data log. I’ve gotten pretty good at debugging 1/4 mile logs.

Cheers,
Mine just cuts power before there could be a chance for wheel hop, why it would do it in going into 6th is beyond me. I don't know anybody I could borrow one from at the moment.

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine just cuts power before there could be a chance for wheel hop, why it would do it in going into 6th is beyond me. I don't know anybody I could borrow one from at the moment.
If you look at my log plot in the drag section; you can see its way obvious when a power cut occurs. There is an enumerated value that identifies the source of the power cut.

Cheers,

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at my log plot in the drag section; you can see its way obvious when a power cut occurs. There is an enumerated value that identifies the source of the power cut.

Cheers,
Yeah I saw that last week, I need to get some equipment here, I wonder if the Garmin Mechanic OBDII could do any logging?

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I just watched StangMode race a Demon and the man runs his in Sport plus Drag Mode and his car nails the shifts with no power reduction at all. Check out this race, I saved it for when the race starts, watch all of it and you'll see him take it out of Drag Mode after the race and he'll put the car back into D. THIS is how the car should drive at the drag strip!!!!

Whiplash473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT/PP | '94 GT stroker
I've been driving around for a few weeks now with the #62 fuse pulled until I came across this thread. So this morning I put the fuse back, no more dash lights (obviously). Pulled the plug and the dash lights come back on as they were, which I expected. What's confusing me is the plug on my car. It seems it was jumped. I haven't undone the tape yet to look but when this was plugged in there were no dash lights on. I'm trying to figure out if the previous owner jumped the plug to itself to avoid having the dash lights on. Does the wire normally go somewhere or is this plug a remote piece that talks to the system?
20180816_103214.jpg
20180816_103245.jpg

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does the wire normally go somewhere or is this plug a remote piece that talks to the system?
20180816_103214.jpg
20180816_103245.jpg
That plug is wired as a jumper. It is simply connecting two of the contacts in the male connector.

Cheers,

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Randy's comments about A-T from the latest PP2 article

"The frustrating thing on this Mustang was that the AdvanceTrac—the stability control—has a little bit of a mind of its own. We were able to turn it off, but half a lap later, it comes back in. It's very interesting. It was actually trying to cover for that entry oversteer that I was feeling. It's like it's learning, then it starts sticking its nose in my business."

Ive notice it kick back on after I turned it off at a local course. wasnt a track day but at LVMS outside track. we usually head out to the huge open parking lots and they have a "track" burned in on the lot. but the gate was open to the actual track so had about 6-7 laps before security got there and asked us to leave lol.

This is my first Mustang, i had a 450whp scion FRS that i could lap pretty good, drift decently, hang the tail out and in general have really decent car control. the mustang seems to either be quite difficult to get the back to step out, or when it does difficult to catch. i havent spun it out, but no where near as easy to control as the frs. Once i do catch it, it has much more angle then i wanted. just really snappy. Im doing a local AutoX event here soon to get some slower speed time with it, then going to SoW and see what i can do there. Ideally id like to break my time set in my FRS

Lockdown18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt A10R80
Yep. My MPH was down about 2 MPH. The DA was between 1300&1600; so, I thought the MPH loss was caused by my failed 100 octane test.

Maybe it’s all the wild fire smoke we’ve got here in NorCal right now.?
The track mph could be a little off
BD82DA2D-F9FE-438F-B186-B8103D5C6940.png

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Randy's comments about A-T from the latest PP2 article

"The frustrating thing on this Mustang was that the AdvanceTrac—the stability control—has a little bit of a mind of its own. We were able to turn it off, but half a lap later, it comes back in. It's very interesting. It was actually trying to cover for that entry oversteer that I was feeling. It's like it's learning, then it starts sticking its nose in my business."
At least one of the thought processes behind giving stability control the ability to turn itself back on concerns me. A lot, if the electronics are being used to cover for handling that's either not fully developed or left inherently a bit too loose from a purely mechanical standpoint.

Ive notice it kick back on after I turned it off at a local course.
I've heard of this happening in other cars before (*cough* BMW *cough*), typically at autocross and apparently following an ABS event. I understand that the thinking here probably runs something like "once you're into the ABS you're closer to the limits than usual for normal driving and closer than we think you should ever be allowed to get". Nanny, indeed.

Was ABS involved in your episode?

Norm

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Advance Trac coming back on is a common problem with some 5th gen Mustangs as I recall and definitely with S550 GT's and GT 350's in autocross and open track. It has been discussed in various threads here. I've never seen a solid explanation for why it happens other than very rare reports of major "loose hub" or similar situations. My 15 experienced the problem a few times when I first got it and then never again despite hundreds of autocross runs over 3 years. My 18 took over 150 runs before it happened 3 times in one event and then did not happen in 9 runs at the next event. Pulling the jumper plug pictured above seemed to work fine for me and still appeared to allow MagneRide Track mode setting.

Details of my experience here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...eryone-done-so-far.24778/page-51#post-2321807

Lots of input from others in that sub forum and in that thread.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra

Was ABS involved in your episode?

Norm
Yes sir i believe it was. I picked up a bad habit of ABS braking at the track with my FRS. I dropped my lap times quite a bit when i went from as hard as i thought i could brake to letting abs take over. I got within a sec of Randy's time with ABS braking. before i was a couple off, then a really fast track rat rode with me and told me i needed to work on my braking. just not braking hard enough. few laps with just hitting the abs and lifting a little improved, then i hit the abs fully and dropped seconds. did it ever since. probably not even close to be right but it worked for me and that car. We didnt push the car completely during this little event that evening. but yes i did jab the brakes hard enough the ABS came on

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No responses regarding the drive mode video so I'm on my own figuring that out unless there are responses before tomorrow. I'm heading back up to GLD again tomorrow to try Sport / Drag Mode and see what happens. What I don't get is StangMode never complains about nannies kicking in so perhaps his tune turns off Adv Trac / Traction control or when he turns it off via the toggle switch it actually keeps the nannies off. All I know is the damn nannies should be off when we turn them off or why bother giving the option to us?! :explode:

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If I can get under the box to unplug this, I'm going to tomorrow at GLD.

Sponsored