Sponsored

transmission oil recommendation

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
am almost afraid to ask but its time.
i have a 2017 mustang gt 6 speed manual with 4k miles. am going to the track next month and thr current oem oil in the tranny has 2 track days on it. so for someone that maybe does 2 to 3 track days should i stick to the same oil or what dp u guys recommend? thanx
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
bg.. i havnt done it yet but alot of people use it and say its really good

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
i see. does it protect better than the oem stuff or just feels better? i wish someone would chime in thats used this at the track or something
There are several threads about our Kits but THIS is the most comprehensive one. It is one of the extremely few fluid on the market that meets the spec for the OEM fluid Ford uses in the MT82.

Ford Development Driver Billy Johnson also has tested it HERE

Available from our WEBSITE

We have been running it in our shop car for years, it holds up very well to track use. The differential fluid typically breaks down much faster without a cooler.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
There are several threads about our Kits but THIS is the most comprehensive one. It is one of the extremely few fluid on the market that meets the spec for the OEM fluid Ford uses in the MT82.

Ford Development Driver Billy Johnson also has tested it HERE

Available from our WEBSITE

We have been running it in our shop car for years, it holds up very well to track use. The differential fluid typically breaks down much faster without a cooler.
Pretty cool write up. I seen on there that it is thinner than basically the other oil except the atf, that doesn’t make me feel very confident so let me ask you even though it’s thinner does it protect better than the one or redline oil? I don’t mind the notchiness it’s the protection I want will this protect better than the oem oil?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Pretty cool write up. I seen on there that it is thinner than basically the other oil except the atf, that doesn’t make me feel very confident so let me ask you even though it’s thinner does it protect better than the one or redline oil? I don’t mind the notchiness it’s the protection I want will this protect better than the oem oil?
Thinner? its a 75W-80 grade oil.

You do realize the notchiness is caused by poor shifting which in turn causes wear and damage? Redline does not recommend any of their products for the MT82, Amsoil does not recommend any products for the MT82.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Thinner? its a 75W-80 grade oil.

You do realize the notchiness is caused by poor shifting which in turn causes wear and damage? Redline does not recommend any of their products for the MT82, Amsoil does not recommend any products for the MT82.
It said in that write up it’s thinner than the other just repeating what they meant I think it was thinner at a certain degree 212 I believe but regardless do u believe this will give me better protection than the original oil? I know a soil doesn’t offer anything I love those guys, didn’t know redline didn’t either I hear a lot of ppl putting the redline in their tranny’s.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
It said in that write up it’s thinner than the other just repeating what they meant I think it was thinner at a certain degree 212 I believe but regardless do u believe this will give me better protection than the original oil? I know a soil doesn’t offer anything I love those guys, didn’t know redline didn’t either I hear a lot of ppl putting the redline in their tranny’s.
Yes it will provide better protection. Your other thread we responded to back in May we posted the Data sheet from BG. It explains why and how the fluid was developed specifically for modern manual transmissions and the additive package BG uses allows for excellent fluid properties while resisting gear shear and thermal degradation.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Yes it will provide better protection. Your other thread we responded to back in May we posted the Data sheet from BG. It explains why and how the fluid was developed specifically for modern manual transmissions and the additive package BG uses allows for excellent fluid properties while resisting gear shear and thermal degradation.
Awesome yea I just checked it out. I wanna place an order if i choose the flat shipping fee how long would it take to get too Sacramento california

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
An opinion:
Just because people use a product does not equate with it being a wise choice. RP and BG are on a VERY Short list of manufacturers that do offer a fluid for the MT82 (and the diff, for that matter) Your primary factor should be: "Does the manufacturer of the fluid that I am considering approve its use for my application?"

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
An opinion:
Just because people use a product does not equate with it being a wise choice. RP and BG are on a VERY Short list of manufacturers that do offer a fluid for the MT82 (and the diff, for that matter) Your primary factor should be: "Does the manufacturer of the fluid that I am considering approve its use for my application?"

so what ur telling me is basically to base on the fact that ford approves it i should trust it? because in that case i can just buy the oem and i.should be good right? but the reason i ask ppl is cuz i want something thats better than oem, do you think this is better.than oem?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
well i know when i go to change my trans fluid im going bg.. ive had rp and amsoil,.. not in my stang... but other cars.. i even had valvoline in my subaru with a built trans and stage 3 clutch and it did well ..
all this notchiness i keep hearing about i dont have any at all on this or my old 16 . guess ive had to many stick shifts lol

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
well i know when i go to change my trans fluid im going bg.. ive had rp and amsoil,.. not in my stang... but other cars.. i even had valvoline in my subaru with a built trans and stage 3 clutch and it did well ..
all this notchiness i keep hearing about i dont have any at all on this or my old 16 . guess ive had to many stick shifts lol
right! i dont feel the notchiness either. i just want the oil that i put in it to hold better than the oem oil when am at the track u think this will be better than oem?
Sponsored