Buyers remorse not waiting for Bullitt?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
It's funny, I have not seen one person on this thread who has bought or buying a Bullitt, or who is pro Bullitt, bash the GT.... They are just happy Mustang owners/enthusiasts.....

Bottom line is I bought a Bullitt, because I wanted a Bullitt. I think the Mustang is a great car whether it is a Shelby, Bullitt, GT or Ecoboost…

Honestly this discussion of which is cheaper is irrelevant, they are not the same car, and they appeal to different people for different reasons, just like the Ecoboost and GT appeal to different folks...….

Be happy with what you have, because we all have a cool car....that's fun to drive... that makes us all feel good... If yours doesn't make you feel good, you have the wrong car......

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
I agree it appears that way. Why are we disparaging a model of the Mustang on this forum with total disregard to the members here who are proud of their new Bullitt. If you don’t like the Bullitt that’s your prerogative, but ruining another’s excitement with their new car isn’t cool.
There are people having wars over rims and what super charger is best yet when people don't like a model car with giant emblems, flat goofy wheels and green paint its total disregard of another member? No its just an opinion, if that's stopping someone from liking their car it just doesn't make sense. Do you know how many times the MY18 got flamed for the new front on this forum?

##Whocares

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What many would-be naysayers don't realize, is that the Bullitts DO command a premium down the road.

I know a couple of guys that work for a fairly large local classic car dealership, and I scout cars for them occasionally. Clean '08 and '09 Bullitts are HOT at the moment, and only last a week or thereabouts when one arrives. My '09 surfaced there a couple of months ago, sat there for a mere five days, and made its way to Pennsylvania; I was a day late to see it again. They got decent money for it (they should have, I had the thing detailed to the hilt, and the guy that had it after me never drove it by the odometer), which gave me a pang of regret in parting with it. Wish I would have had the space to keep it AND get my '15.

Anyway, these guys won't even look at a comparable regular '08 or '09 GT unless it's super cheap and clean so they can flip it and move on. It'll be the same thing in 10 years with the S550 iteration, people will seek out the Bullitt.

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Damn, $36,000 financed? I can't imagine that car payment, lol.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
There are people having wars over rims and what super charger is best yet when people don't like a model car with giant emblems, flat goofy wheels and green paint its total disregard of another member? No its just an opinion, if that's stopping someone from liking their car it just doesn't make sense. Do you know how many times the MY18 got flamed for the new front on this forum?

##Whocares
I agree, its the same as saying I wouldn't want to drive a Mustang with a bunch of emblems, a giant pizza box looking scoop on the hood and a windshield banner that looks like its from the 80's. It doesn't matter. Its just an opinion.
### Doesn't matter

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It's funny, I have not seen one person on this thread who has bought or buying a Bullitt, or who is pro Bullitt, bash the GT.... They are just happy Mustang owners/enthusiasts.....

Bottom line is I bought a Bullitt, because I wanted a Bullitt. I think the Mustang is a great car whether it is a Shelby, Bullitt, GT or Ecoboost…

Honestly this discussion of which is cheaper is irrelevant, they are not the same car, and they appeal to different people for different reasons, just like the Ecoboost and GT appeal to different folks...….

Be happy with what you have, because we all have a cool car....that's fun to drive... that makes us all feel good... If yours doesn't make you feel good, you have the wrong car......
No one is saying you bought a bad car. Congratulations for buying what you want.

People are simply voicing their opinion on it, as they were asked to, and that's what you are seeing. It has nothing to do with bashing.

Just as I said earlier, I don't have anything against the Bullitt but I would never own one. Does that mean you shouldn't? Not at all. Different strokes, different folks.

What many would-be naysayers don't realize, is that the Bullitts DO command a premium down the road.
Your car must have been low-mileage. That's the only Bullitt that's pulling ANY sort of premium. I buy, sell, and build performance cars for a living. The '08 and '09 Bullitt only fetches beyond GT money if the mileage is low and the history is good. Here where I am, it is a slow mover as you have to wait for someone who 1. Knows what it is, and 2. Is willing to pay the extra.

The '01 Bullitts don't even get a second glance, unless they happen to be one of the True Blue ones as they were the least produced. Even then, it is a hard sell. I don't see the current Bullitt holding value unless it is garaged and spends its time wasting away when it should be getting driven and enjoyed like the engineers who made it intended.

Damn, $36,000 financed? I can't imagine that car payment, lol.
That's going to run about $650-$720 with a good APR@72 months.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
That's going to run about $650-$720 with a good APR@72 months.
How old are you? Is that a pic of someone else's Mustang parked at your Mom's apartment? You have no clue what you are talking about. A "good APR" according to your calculations would be 9-13%. Even 5%, which is a high rate for a new car loan, would only be $580 per month, although I'm not sure why anyone would finance a car for 6 years unless you could do it for less than 3% and had the money to invest hoping to make a better return. Go back to your X-Box please.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Well, this thread has certainly devolved. Anyway, at MSRP it's as good as good or better than any other comparably equipped GT, however there are some crazy ADMs, up into GT350 pricing (60K+). Koons has 3 $61-68K. Talk about WOW pricing.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
That’s a good deal. The ones here in San Diego are going in the 75k range.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I agree it appears that way. Why are we disparaging a model of the Mustang on this forum with total disregard to the members here who are proud of their new Bullitt. If you don’t like the Bullitt that’s your prerogative, but ruining another’s excitement with their new car isn’t cool.
"Buyer's remorse" isn't bashing whether or not you feel it or if you avoid it. In this case it wasn't about OP having bought a Bullitt and having regrets afterward (which could easily devolve into bashing); it was about not regretting the decision to buy the GT Premium he did buy instead of waiting for a Bullitt that he'd probably have still felt a little let down over once the newness wore off. Justification that a GT Premium was the better 'fit' for him, sure.

Norm

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Your car must have been low-mileage. That's the only Bullitt that's pulling ANY sort of premium. I buy, sell, and build performance cars for a living. The '08 and '09 Bullitt only fetches beyond GT money if the mileage is low and the history is good. Here where I am, it is a slow mover as you have to wait for someone who 1. Knows what it is, and 2. Is willing to pay the extra.

The '01 Bullitts don't even get a second glance, unless they happen to be one of the True Blue ones as they were the least produced. Even then, it is a hard sell. I don't see the current Bullitt holding value unless it is garaged and spends its time wasting away when it should be getting driven and enjoyed like the engineers who made it intended.
Correct, my '09 had a tick over 22K on it when I traded it in January of '15. I only had it a year, bought it right and lost nothing on trade other than my detailing time. Whoever bought it after me only put a couple hundred miles on it in four years. The local classic guys got low-20s for it (several grand more than I paid) and are looking for Bullitts and Shelbys all the time....they claim the Bullitts are the hot one at the moment, at least for them.

My '01 was one of the few blue ones, kind of regret parting with that one once in a while, but that's the way it goes with most of them. :like:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I have to say that my Guard Green GT has really grown on me. I really, honestly think I like it better than DHG. I had an 09 which I liked, but I think Guard might be to my liking more. I think Gem green from 2013 was the color for me, though. I searched everywhere for a SHO in that color a few years back, but no luck
Sponsored