Roush 700hp Supercharger

Davidd_5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 3.15 Gear
I was looking into getting the new roush supercharger for my 2018. Do you guys have any problem or heard anything wrong with it. I can't find any thread about the new supercharger. I like the fact that it keep the warranty from ford.
Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Just got my car back Monday from the installation, still evaluating. Sport and track modes need some work. Normal mode is awesome.

OP
OP

Davidd_5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Just got my car back Monday from the installation, still evaluating. Sport and track modes need some work. Normal mode is awesome.
What do you mean the other mode need some work. How does the roush feel to you , like does it pull hard ? I been hearing that the intake for them is the main thing that people dont want them because it restrict air flow.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
What do you mean the other mode need some work. How does the roush feel to you , like does it pull hard ? I been hearing that the intake for them is the main thing that people dont want them because it restrict air flow.
For the A10, Sport mode must be driven aggressively. If you come to a stop too slowly, you will stop in 3rd gear. It then downshifts to 2nd, then first while you're at a standstill. You can really feel those 2 downshifts and I wonder if I'm doing harm to the tranny. Track mode at times doesn't want to upshift. It performs very well. This is my first boosted vehicle, so I have nothing else to compare it to. Out of boost it performs a little better than stock. In boost it pulls very hard. I don't think the intake is restrictive, it's probably maxed out with the 85mm throttle body, but you should be able to upgrade pulleys when they become available. I'm not looking to set world records with my car, just want a nice car that will stay in front of a Hellcat. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP

Davidd_5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
For the A10, Sport mode must be driven aggressively. If you come to a stop too slowly, you will stop in 3rd gear. It then downshifts to 2nd, then first while you're at a standstill. You can really feel those 2 downshifts and I wonder if I'm doing harm to the tranny. Track mode at times doesn't want to upshift. It performs very well. This is my first boosted vehicle, so I have nothing else to compare it to. Out of boost it performs a little better than stock. In boost it pulls very hard. I don't think the intake is restrictive, it's probably maxed out with the 85mm throttle body, but you should be able to upgrade pulleys when they become available. I'm not looking to set world records with my car, just want a nice car that will stay in front of a Hellcat. LOL
Okay thanks so much for the heads up on the driving mode. Maybe a tune will fix it but that would void the warranty we paid for lol. Yeah it would be my first booster car also. I just don't want to mess up. May I ask how much did they charge you for install ?

Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
My dealer charged $1500.00

OP
OP

Davidd_5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
My dealer charged $1500.00
Thanks man ! The only other problem I see is the OPG , I wondering if we change it would the dealers find out and void it or if they install it , would the warranty stay the same.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I'm not worried about the OPG's or CS. It's the ones that hit the rev limiters, or have a two step that need the billet ones. If they do break. I've got a warranty.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
The parts list for the supercharger lists the throttle body as 85+ mm with the part number GR3Z-9E926-A which is the part number for the 87mm GT350 throttle body.

OP
OP

Davidd_5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
The parts list for the supercharger lists the throttle body as 85+ mm with the part number GR3Z-9E926-A which is the part number for the 87mm GT350 throttle body.
So basically any CAI for a GT350 throttle body should fit the supercharger.

Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
So basically any CAI for a GT350 throttle body should fit the supercharger.
I don't think so. The throttle body is off center on the supercharger. There is no MAF sensor with the supercharger, it uses a MAP sensor. Will most likely need a CAI specifically for the supercharger. Just clarifying my previous post. I discovered the TB was 2mm larger than I realized.

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking into getting the new roush supercharger for my 2018. Do you guys have any problem or heard anything wrong with it. I can't find any thread about the new supercharger. I like the fact that it keep the warranty from ford.
Hey David,
Thanks for considering the ROUSH blower for your 2018! If you have any specific questions, feel free to shoot me a message and I can help you out.

Best.
Marcus

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
its a great unit, we have done alot of installs and local installs with our local dealer as well.

unit does a great job. here's a nice vid i took in one of the car while visiting roush!

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I agree that Roush's are great but i just want to know what happened here Terry:

Blown car got walked by an NA car? Isn't that you driving too? What happened?

its a great unit, we have done alot of installs and local installs with our local dealer as well.

unit does a great job. here's a nice vid i took in one of the car while visiting roush!

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sponsored