NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
I had been running Sync 3 v2.2 in my 2016 non nav for a while and recently I started getting all sorts of connection issues with my iphone (infinite loop of connecting and disconnecting being the worst) I’ve always used carplay while tethered since I want my phone to charge while I drive. Anyway, I wondered if my sofware needed an update and found that Sync 3 v3.0 was available. I downloaded the files to a USB which resulted in a memory error due to the limited memory on my non nav module. After applying a workaround, I was able to upgrade to v3.0 and things worked great....for a day. Now my phone disconnects every 5 minutes and when it does it turns off my radio. This is beyond frustrating. Anyone have any ideas that will help?
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Have you done a reset yet?

Make sure to delete it from your phone and re-add it back after reset.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had been running Sync 3 v2.2 in my 2016 non nav for a while and recently I started getting all sorts of connection issues with my iphone (infinite loop of connecting and disconnecting being the worst) I’ve always used carplay while tethered since I want my phone to charge while I drive. Anyway, I wondered if my sofware needed an update and found that Sync 3 v3.0 was available. I downloaded the files to a USB which resulted in a memory error due to the limited memory on my non nav module. After applying a workaround, I was able to upgrade to v3.0 and things worked great....for a day. Now my phone disconnects every 5 minutes and when it does it turns off my radio. This is beyond frustrating. Anyone have any ideas that will help?
yours is a 2016 MY, did you try changing the hub port to the new one? and a new usb cable?

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Is the ford owners site the only place to get the update I have a 4" to 8" swap so not sure what vin i would need to use

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is slightly unrelated but at the same time related. I updated my moms 17 cmax to 3.0 and now voice recognition won't work. Didn't have this issue in my fusion or mustang. Its a nav unit that was updated from 1.0.

Any ideas on how to fix? I hear the dealer will just replace the APIM if I bring it in...

Sponsored

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Yea sounds like it's a forscan issue or something went wrong during the update. Go over to the f150 forum and there is a huge thread about forscan do a search 1st to see if there is an issue which I'm sure you have done then post the question on the thread they have got that stuff really figured out.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
This is slightly unrelated but at the same time related. I updated my moms 17 cmax to 3.0 and now voice recognition won't work. Didn't have this issue in my fusion or mustang. Its a nav unit that was updated from 1.0.

Any ideas on how to fix? I hear the dealer will just replace the APIM if I bring it in...
what I would do is (even though thats the case with dealer) id wait for the next update and see if that brings it back.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
what I would do is (even though thats the case with dealer) id wait for the next update and see if that brings it back.
Yes the dealer will replace the APIM I just don't want to go to the dealer. She really likes the built in nav and voice commands so I need to figure it out. I have another nav APIM sitting around I could always swap it in there...then put hers in my fusion and take my fusion into the dealer. Much easier then having to get my moms car and take it in.

Yea sounds like it's a forscan issue or something went wrong during the update. Go over to the f150 forum and there is a huge thread about forscan do a search 1st to see if there is an issue which I'm sure you have done then post the question on the thread they have got that stuff really figured out.
Theres nothing to do with FORScan with this. The APIM is all stock as built...hasn't been touched. In fact no as built has been changed on that car. This is all update issues.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
anyone running iOS 12 beta? how are google maps and waze natively in carplay?

Sponsored

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Breeves is right it's not forscan I asked on the f150 side and they said its probably something that went haywire in the update.