PP2 real life pictures

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I only have one on the driver side rear.
They must have bee n
I do plan to swap them out when the weather changes, but man I'm enjoying them now! I read your post about the Bridgestones earlier, I'll probably be following your lead on them. I have never seen tires pick up so much off the street. It's like taking a lint roller down the road, probably more effective than a street sweeper.
One of the first things I did was swap the tires for the Bridgestone Pole Position tires, as others mentioned, these have plenty of grip. Just driving home I noticed how each pebble of dirt stuck and flung off the SC2 tires, so they were put away quickly. Knock on wood, but 3000+ miles of daily roads and driving have produced zero chips in paint. I had some rock guards on but the side splitters I installed didn't work with them very well so I took them off, still no issues. These pole position and the PS4 tires are probably best buys, keep in mind they are summer tires still, so depending on where you'll be driving you may need something else.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
FYI, same spot. Touched it the chips with color n drive, then hit it with some Ultimate Compound and some elbow grease. Amazing.
20180813_193940.jpg
Take it for what you will, but from my experience on my 1LE and other cars using wide front tires, I would not turn away this based on just sticky compound tires vs not. As long as you physically have a tire in the same position as where the PP2 front tires sit, you can, and likely will, still get chips. The tires will still throw [street-mixed] water and debris up. You're not getting around that. In addition, it depends where you live and the level of debris in the roads.

If not splash guards, I think for you PP2 guys, you should consider some clear paint protection on the area in front of the rear tires. It doesn't cost much to have done or do yourself (I highly, highly recommend 3M Pro Series as it is super easy to use and is very clear) and it looks virtually seamless on the car. It will save you a headache and keep your worries down driving around.

Mattusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Already started modding. Black out kit and rock guards installed today, steeda xpipe and clutch return spring, 20% ceramic tint, and ordered the factory active exhaust. Got a pic of it waxed for the first time, I gotta say I really like the Kona blue. More to come...
received_2355195098040431.jpeg
20180811_130815.jpg

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Can someone post pic of their tie rods/tie rod ends? They are supposed to be different on the PP2.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
So I JUST about bought a black pp2 car the other day, price was right and everything.. I just didn't want another black car. Had it been crimson or Kona there would be no hesitation and it would've been parked in my garage right now. Wife loved it and was actually pushing for it. But as much as I liked it, it was black, and that wasn't even my 4th choice on color. Is there a way to search for pp2 cars available? Is there a package number I can use to search dealers to potentially find one in stock still? They sold this black local one a week after I looked at it. Im still on the fence, but if the right car was to pop up, id buy it for sure.

neelas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
Hi I'm Phil just bought a Race Red PP2 and I have splash guards/mud flaps on order I hope that will keep away the rock chips. Does anybody have any production numbers yet on how many 2018 pp2 were built in 2018 ?
IMAG0199.jpg

juandagis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto 2018 Ford F150 STX 2.7
Already started modding. Black out kit and rock guards installed today, steeda xpipe and clutch return spring, 20% ceramic tint, and ordered the factory active exhaust. Got a pic of it waxed for the first time, I gotta say I really like the Kona blue. More to come...
received_2355195098040431.jpeg
20180811_130815.jpg
Hello! How much was the factory active exhaust? Is it plug and play?

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
So I JUST about bought a black pp2 car the other day, price was right and everything.. I just didn't want another black car. Had it been crimson or Kona there would be no hesitation and it would've been parked in my garage right now. Wife loved it and was actually pushing for it. But as much as I liked it, it was black, and that wasn't even my 4th choice on color. Is there a way to search for pp2 cars available? Is there a package number I can use to search dealers to potentially find one in stock still? They sold this black local one a week after I looked at it. Im still on the fence, but if the right car was to pop up, id buy it for sure.
If you have an insider at your local dealer they can do a search and narrow it down pretty easy. Otherwise its time consuming looking on the ford inventory site, or cars.com, but it can be done. Personally I'd wait and find a 2019 with rev match.

Mattusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Hello! How much was the factory active exhaust? Is it plug and play?
Yep, plug and play, mostly. All the parts were $530 including the Forscan OBDII scan tool. I have the 301a package, so I just need to change one line of code in the as-built data, then everything will work like factory. The digital dash requires two lines to be changed. The common denominator is the magneride suspension. Because of that one option our wiring harnesses have the provisions for the active exhaust. The connector is blocked off and attached to the side of the charcoal canister.
The parts required are
JR3Z-4A411-H.....x2
JR3Z-4A411-J.....x1
JR3Z-5230-FA.....x1
JR3Z-5230-FB.....x1
ELM232 Forscan tool

Conga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP2
Yep, plug and play, mostly. All the parts were $530 including the Forscan OBDII scan tool. I have the 301a package, so I just need to change one line of code in the as-built data, then everything will work like factory. The digital dash requires two lines to be changed. The common denominator is the magneride suspension. Because of that one option our wiring harnesses have the provisions for the active exhaust. The connector is blocked off and attached to the side of the charcoal canister.
The parts required are
JR3Z-4A411-H.....x2
JR3Z-4A411-J.....x1
JR3Z-5230-FA.....x1
JR3Z-5230-FB.....x1
ELM232 Forscan tool
I don't need it, but that is darn good information right there Mattusmc

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If you have an insider at your local dealer they can do a search and narrow it down pretty easy. Otherwise its time consuming looking on the ford inventory site, or cars.com, but it can be done. Personally I'd wait and find a 2019 with rev match.
Just do a chat w Ford on build price site. Spec what you want and they will ask for link to build. The kindly request a nationwide search.
Be nice and super thank ful for their time and they will hook you up.