How to: Steeda Hood Struts

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
So I began the install. Man are those hood studs skinny on the 2018! Decided to return the kit. Sad about this but longevity trumps apparance. Steeds should regesign the kit. I'd like to try again someday.
So I began the install. Man are those hood studs skinny on the 2018! Decided to return the kit. Sad about this but longevity trumps apparance. Steeds should regesign the kit. I'd like to try again someday.
What does Steeda redesigning the kit someday have to do with the size of the hood hinge studs on the Mustang?
Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
What does Steeda redesigning the kit someday have to do with the size of the hood hinge studs on the Mustang?
Redesign all you will but if you have to trust one tiny bolt it is a no-go. Possible that Steeda will create a kit to incorporate both bolts or something. But damn I have had other cars with extremely beefy hood hardware going back forty years. Some with extremely large hoods and beefy spring mechanisms. The new Mustang just wasn't built with struts in mind and thus has very minimalist hardware. Good luck Steeda given what little metal you have to work with!