Sponsored

long tube headers for the 18+

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White
Alright guys, sorry to start another header thread, but after looking around at quite a few others and online research, whats the best option(s) for the gen 3 coyotes?

I seen another thread where the 15-17 headers do not fit on the 18+ and he beat the piss out of one of the primaries. I for one am not trying to do this. I havent seen really anyone else but kooks and arh being used or talked about for these cars. Kooks was used on the first NA 500whp car i believe, ARH is used on steeda's silver bullet build. Corsa looks like a good deal price wise, but havent been able to find performance figures. SW is usually right around the same performance as kooks or arh and a little cheaper.

Just trying to see bang for buck who's headers are going to do the best for the new cars. I know Beefcake had a good comparison write up for the 15's a while back, havent seen anything like that for the 18's.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I seen another thread where the 15-17 headers do not fit on the 18+ and he beat the piss out of one of the primaries. .
Weird, my SW worked fine... Any quality (same dimension) LTH is going to be the same for the most part.

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I like my ARH since they kept the 3" size all the way directly to my Corsa. Kooks did not. Not that it makes really any difference, but that small detail made me not go with Kooks.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I second that! Fit and finish are the best in the business!
Bought mine from Maryland Speed.
Just curious, but around when did you get yours from Maryland?

Brandon@Maryland was the ABSOLUTE WORST person I have EVER purchased from. I bought a set of B&B Bullets from him for my '04 Z06. He never delivered and eventually I had to do a charge back on my credit card after waiting for 11 WEEKS.

Google Maryland Speed. There's a reason a lot of forums have dropped them as a vendor. Corvetteworld and Camaro5 just to name a few. Are they a certified vendor here? I hope not.

I like my ARH since they kept the 3" size all the way directly to my Corsa. Kooks did not. Not that it makes really any difference, but that small detail made me not go with Kooks.
I'm a fan of ARH's stuff. Great quality. Granted, you do pay for it but IMO it's worth it.

Kooks and ARH are both top tier, so I'm sure either one would make you happy OP.

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just curious, but around when did you get yours from Maryland?

Brandon@Maryland was the ABSOLUTE WORST person I have EVER purchased from. I bought a set of B&B Bullets from him for my '04 Z06. He never delivered and eventually I had to do a charge back on my credit card after waiting for 11 WEEKS.

Google Maryland Speed. There's a reason a lot of forums have dropped them as a vendor. Corvetteworld and Camaro5 just to name a few. Are they a certified vendor here? I hope not.

I'm a fan of ARH's stuff. Great quality. Granted, you do pay for it but IMO it's worth it.

Kooks and ARH are both top tier, so I'm sure either one would make you happy OP.
Bought my headers from Brandon in early 2016, he had the best price at the time.
He was good to deal with at that time!

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Bought my headers from Brandon in early 2016, he had the best price at the time.
He was good to deal with at that time!
Yeah in 2016 he was ok. A lot of guys don't realize that Maryland is a drop-shipper, meaning they do not stock parts. What they do is offer a big discount up front, but make you wait FOREVER until they collect enough money to make a bulk buy from a manufacturer.

The issue Maryland has now is they have stiffed a lot of their vendors so product is hard to come by and they are overwhelmed with customers who have paid but have no ETA on parts delivery. At least that's what I gathered from my, and MANY others' experiences, less than a year ago with them.

I'm glad your transaction was smooth.

**EDIT**: I thought I better post some links so you guys don't think I'm making this all up...so here's just a couple:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum.../4099887-another-maryland-speed-disaster.html
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback/4085823-marylandspeed.html
https://www.ssforums.com/forum/ss-news/160881-maryland-speed.html

I'll leave it at that. After I got screwed, I promised myself I would try to warn others before they went through the same thing.

BAD5PTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Oxford & White 2016 Durango White
I went with Texas Speed and Perf. Great fit and sounds great.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
This. Plus quality and fitment.

OP
OP
howlins550

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White
Yeah in 2016 he was ok. A lot of guys don't realize that Maryland is a drop-shipper, meaning they do not stock parts. What they do is offer a big discount up front, but make you wait FOREVER until they collect enough money to make a bulk buy from a manufacturer.

The issue Maryland has now is they have stiffed a lot of their vendors so product is hard to come by and they are overwhelmed with customers who have paid but have no ETA on parts delivery. At least that's what I gathered from my, and MANY others' experiences, less than a year ago with them.

I'm glad your transaction was smooth.

**EDIT**: I thought I better post some links so you guys don't think I'm making this all up...so here's just a couple:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum.../4099887-another-maryland-speed-disaster.html
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback/4085823-marylandspeed.html
https://www.ssforums.com/forum/ss-news/160881-maryland-speed.html

I'll leave it at that. After I got screwed, I promised myself I would try to warn others before they went through the same thing.
I bought kooks from maryland speed a few years ago and it was great, anything from them recently tho has been a nightmare. My buddy ordered an intake for his car over a year ago, never got it, has emailed and called every week to get his money back and they tell him only a manager can do that, and of course they are never there. IMHO, stay far away from that company!

I love kooks for sure, and would have no issues running them again. I have noticed however, it seems that on every dyno vid, or fast pass, that a car running the ARH always seems to inch it out ahead in power. From my understanding ARH is former Kooks employees?

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
We have been using the LTH Brand (Long Tube Headers) on our cars and my own and I couldn't be happier with them. They fit really nice and not one issue ever, American made, welded, and designed, Their finish on them is pretty legit and doesn't discolor. A very different sound. Done them on stock catback18s and full exhaust. I deff recommend looking into them for a good long tube. They are a tad cheaper the Kooks, ARH, and SW and I will 100% say they are right their with them in quality and finish.

http://www.uprproducts.com/long-tube-headers-mustang-50-15.html
long-tube-headers-15-17-mustang-5-0-off-road-2.png.jpg

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
ARH fit's 18's. Just helped someone install a set. What a f'ing pain int he pooper face is that process... arg.
Sponsored