SINGLE VALVE OIL CATCH CAN SEPARATOR PLUG N PLAY

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
anybody try this catch can separator from UPR products they say it drains back into crankcase and does both sides are they saying never have to enpty
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
They have changed their designs so many times in the last couple years. I'd just put a JLT on and be done with it. I honestly wouldn't want it to drain back into the crankcase. It's not a big deal to empty it.

OP
OP

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I sold a 2013 and have a 2019 on order looks like on the 19 you have to take the engine cover off? is that true on your 18

OP
OP

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
thanks

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
anybody try this catch can separator from UPR products they say it drains back into crankcase and does both sides are they saying never have to enpty
can you give a link at product you ask about?

kinda interested in this design.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
I’m not seeing where it says that it drains back into the crank case. Regardless, you don’t want that anyways. Oil that is caught in the catch can is diluted with gas vapor which breaks down the oil itself. It’s the same reason why these companies tell you to not pour the oil from the can back into the engine.

OP
OP

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
accel I will do some back tracking see were I read it that's why I posted it to see if anybody know of it

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I’m not seeing where it says that it drains back into the crank case. Regardless, you don’t want that anyways. Oil that is caught in the catch can is diluted with gas vapor which breaks down the oil itself. It’s the same reason why these companies tell you to not pour the oil from the can back into the engine.
Ok, found it at ine of the pictures at tbe link above. It is not a catch can itself, but one of the optional items you can select.

Then I watched some youtube installation at gt350. It looks like a complimentary product that is not a catch can and installed in a different location.

But then why would you need a catch can in a system that does not let oil get out of the engine. They sure do have some marketing mess in there.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
As far as letting oil back - I think oil in the engine goes through all these cycles anyways... including mixing with gas some gets out through vent system, but some stays.

So I do not think it's so bad to let oil back on.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
As far as letting oil back - I think oil in the engine goes through all these cycles anyways... including mixing with gas some gets out through vent system, but some stays.

So I do not think it's so bad to let oil back on.
It is bad to let the oil back in. Hence why I said a lot of companies that make these products tell you to dispose of the oil and not pour it back in. Yes your engine oil does get gas vapors cycled through it normally but majority of the vapor is removed via the PCV. You can make your oil last longer if you have a good PCV system and don't reuse the oil that is captured.

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The only changes our cans go through is being able to unscrew the can's body as well as a drain valve on the bottom or hose end fittings. The 4 chamber filteation we use is our PATENT design which has been around for almost 3 years now. The changes we make are to help the end user with installing and emptying the can. With that said, this is a catch can. It does just that. Nothing gets returned into the engine as it wouldn't be able too. The system works off vacuum which pulls from the motor and into the manifold. It is going to hold any oil, fuel, and moisture from getting back into the manifold gunking up the valves. We have 2 different mounting locations for the v8s. the basic which puts it behind the overflow tank. The larger SVCC puts it by the radiator. This is the one I recommend 100% due to the hose length, can size, allowing it to cool down, and not sitting next to the motor which the heat can add vapor. On a less thought out filter, its going to just sneak on by. But both of our cans use our 4-chamber

We design the kits to stop all the oil. Not just some.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
From info at your website I could not understand much besides marketing pitch.

And even quoted message does not explain what I'd get for 3xx dollars if chose can plus advertised filter, how they related to each other. Like if the filter return ecerything back then why I need the catch can? Are these independent products?
Sponsored