Vehicle Showcase

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I was tuned with headers at the 3,000 mile mark. You'll be fine. I'd just pick a different tuner instead of Bama based on the information on this forum.

OP
OP

quabbinman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP,Power Pac 2
I was tuned with headers at the 3,000 mile mark. You'll be fine. I'd just pick a different tuner instead of Bama based on the information on this forum.
I was told by a local Ford dealer that any changes to the Ford tune could void the warranty if there is a problem...but I will check on that again...

Do you have an after market tune that you would recommend ...

Thank you for your info

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I was told by a local Ford dealer that any changes to the Ford tune could void the warranty if there is a problem...but I will check on that again...

Do you have an after market tune that you would recommend ...

Thank you for your info
There's several, Lund, AED, Palm Beach Dyno, Sai Li. Many of them are great and the ones that provide support after the fact are always the best ones.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Lund, PBD, etc. Check with @LethalPerformance.

Any tune can be blamed for and void the power train warranty, if you're concerned about it, hold off longer. There weren't a lot of cases of 17s being affected by anything reasonable though (other than regular MT82 issues), 18s are a different story.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Jesus!!! No, don't do that!!! You should never even bring up the topic with your dealership. Tune your car, and if something is going wrong, return it to the stock tune, drive for a week or so, and then drop it off.

It doesn't void your entire warranty, but they might void the warranty on the engine.

OP
OP

quabbinman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP,Power Pac 2
Jesus!!! No, don't do that!!! You should never even bring up the topic with your dealership. Tune your car, and if something is going wrong, return it to the stock tune, drive for a week or so, and then drop it off.

It doesn't void your entire warranty, but they might void the warranty on the engine.
Thank you for the wise info

Maybe Ford Performance will read enough of the negative posts,they will provide a proper fix

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
You have to keep your foot in the gas 100% and don't touch the clutch at all until you're ready to shift. The switch is very sensitive. I screwed it up the first few times and got the same thing you described but now its a lot of fun. I took some practice to get used to backing off the gas a tiny bit at 4500+ to perform a regular shift though.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda is a very safe tune and still powerful. Quality company all the way around

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
Thank you for your reply,You are right there is no PP2,I meant it to be Fords Performance Power Pack 2 which comes with the no lift shift option..

Fords exclusive no-lift shift strategy and enhanced throttle response will have you banging through all 6 gears without lifting your foot...That's right from the horse's mouth...but it does not work as it should,engine starts to break up at around 6000rpms...Mustang Forum has over 30 posts from Mustang owners with the same problem,but without any fixes to date...

I have been power shifting for over 50 yrs without it being an option...[although I did get towed home more than once]

i was hoping to find a fix on this forum...

Thank you again

Ken
question... have you done anything with the clutch spring?

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP