Sponsored

TPMS offline

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
3 day old mustang gt, swapped wheels and tires and all seemed good; I've got around 100 miles on the new wheels and tires and it was nice that I didn't have to reset the TPMS sensors; it just picked up the new pressures and all is well.

The tires started out at 37PSI but settled in at 30 for 3 and 28 for one. I added air today, putting them at about 37. Car picked up the new pressures as well and it matches my air gauge both before - a good sign. I take off and drive; about 20 miles later, one of my rear sensors goes offline and shows a fault. I notice the pressures had been creeping up, but thought nothing of it, that's normal. Then the other rear tire sensor goes offline. A good 10 minutes later, the first one that went offline was back on and was showing 39PSI. The second one didn't come back online until after the car was back in the garage and sat for a bit.

My *guess* here is that the TPMS sensors fault at 40PSI? My front pair got to 38 and 39PSI, but I've not yet seen any of them tip over 40, so that lends to the conclusion.

TPMS sensors installed were from American Muscle: https://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-sensor-2015.html
Sponsored

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine turn off in the winter. Was told that they could shut off/trip if there was more than a 5 psi change that happened quick. I bought the remote to reset the sensors. I would suggest buying the remote, getting the tires to proper PSI and reset with the remote. I have a 2017 and the process is pretty easy not sure on a 2019 but I would think it should be the same.

Botlfed98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had mine turn off in the winter. Was told that they could shut off/trip if there was more than a 5 psi change that happened quick. I bought the remote to reset the sensors. I would suggest buying the remote, getting the tires to proper PSI and reset with the remote. I have a 2017 and the process is pretty easy not sure on a 2019 but I would think it should be the same.
what is this remote that you speak of?