Sponsored

Birds are killing my rear spoiler

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I swear just when I think I'm clear of their trajectory, my spoiler gets crapped on. Now I have two spots on the spoiler that I can't get off for the life of me after cleaning the bird crap up. I'm going to buy polish but do I need to get something aggressive? I tried everything I had in my garage to remove the spots, but they won't go away after multiple washes, goo-gone, etc.

I'm terrified of wet sanding so I hope I don't have to resort to that, because if it's bad enough I'm considering a spoiler replacement LOL.
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
First, you should have a layer of paint sealant and a wax or something on it. Second, did you try claying it? Or even a clay mitt? Buy a clay bar from somewhere or get one at your local auto parts, shoot it with some detail spray, and give it a go.

Harsh chemicals and sanding are a bit extreme for bird shit. You'll do more damage instead of cleaning it.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
If claying or detail spray doesn't work, try a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water. Lightly rub, and let the vinegar eat the spots off. Then detail spray and wax after. The vinegar will remove any wax that was on there. I've also had some luck with cleaner waxes that have a built in polish. They are usually the least aggressive as far as polishes go.

OP
OP
csmaan12

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
If claying or detail spray doesn't work, try a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water. Lightly rub, and let the vinegar eat the spots off. Then detail spray and wax after. The vinegar will remove any wax that was on there. I've also had some luck with cleaner waxes that have a built in polish. They are usually the least aggressive as far as polishes go.

Basically nothing worked so I went and got Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze Fine-Cut Cleaner. Did 3 passes with a pad over it and the bird crap stain disappeared, then I did the rest of the spoiler for even application....then I spray waxed the entire car, and I hope that never happens again because this was a pain.

Thank you guys for the advice. Spoiler feels like slippery glass now! Might do the rest of the car with this stuff.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Xpel it or vinyl wrap it so the bird poop won't eat the paint!

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Park somewhere else?
Sponsored