A10 + H pipe

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Wanted more aural feedback from my A10 18 GT with active exhaust especially from light to light without going full throttle. Went with a Steeda h pipe and man am I happy!! Didn't do it in my garage because of the extra bracing so I paid a guy. If you are on the fence I'd recommend going for it. Oh and Trac mode pedal to the floor is sensory ecstasy. Sorry no before and after sound clips.
Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
No braces in the way to install a resonator delete on a vert. Does sound a heck of a lot better without the resonator.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Wanted more aural feedback from my A10 18 GT with active exhaust especially from light to light without going full throttle. Went with a Steeda h pipe and man am I happy!! Didn't do it in my garage because of the extra bracing so I paid a guy. If you are on the fence I'd recommend going for it. Oh and Trac mode pedal to the floor is sensory ecstasy. Sorry no before and after sound clips.
How much louder is quiet mode with it?

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I have a base model with the steeda h pipe and it sounds great. Not too loud but yes you can hear it. Quite a bit louder than before.

OP
OP
Rippermac

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
How much louder is quiet mode with it?
Being brutally honest.. I have never used quiet mode since I have had the car so I honestly wouldn't know the difference before and after. It's raining here so the next time I drive I'll attempt to give you a feeble answer at best

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rippermac

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
Started in quiet mode and it is definitely quieter than normal start used to be. Normal start is a lot more aggressive now of course. Unless you have ultra sensitive neighbors I think you'd be fine in quiet mode. But I live less than 3 miles from a master jet base. :like:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We appreciate the feedback in regards to the Steeda H-Pipe ... it has been a great product at a very affordable price.

Many thanks for sharing.

TJ

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Being brutally honest.. I have never used quiet mode since I have had the car so I honestly wouldn't know the difference before and after. It's raining here so the next time I drive I'll attempt to give you a feeble answer at best
Started in quiet mode and it is definitely quieter than normal start used to be. Normal start is a lot more aggressive now of course. Unless you have ultra sensitive neighbors I think you'd be fine in quiet mode. But I live less than 3 miles from a master jet base. :like:
I do like my neighbors so I would be setting the quiet mode start time from 10pm-8am....And it would be in a garage.

So based on that scenario, have any other thoughts?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Rippermac

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
I do like my neighbors so I would be setting the quiet mode start time from 10pm-8am....And it would be in a garage.

So based on that scenario, have any other thoughts?

Thanks!
Started @ 4 this morning in quiet mode..garage door closed..while I could hear the rumble in the house it was not overly loud. Went outside end of my driveway (three car lengths) garage door open and barely heard anything. I would say you would be a good neighbour in quiet mode.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have a Mishimoto H-pipe on my GT vert and really like the sound. Easier than trying to attach aftermarket exhaust.

CVCashmere

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Any tips on doing the install. Do I need to take the rear bracing off?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Any tips on doing the install. Do I need to take the rear bracing off?

They did not need to do it on my car...just loosened the system up after cutting out the resonator and fitting in the new H pipe. I bought a Mishimoto pipe, but there are other ones out there of good quality. Avoid the real cheap ones as the holes do not line up between the cross pipe.

CVCashmere

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I had mine installed this past week and compared the responses from ā€˜18 owners my ā€˜16 is actually quieter from the drivers seat with oem mufflers. Not saying the exhaust itself is quieter, I just donā€™t have that resonator tone coming from under the car. Not sure how it sounds to a bystander. I do miss the tone the resonator made when under a load or heavy acceleration. But, at an idle itā€™s quieter which I do like. I cranked it up last night for my son who agreed itā€™s definitely quieter just listening to it in the garage and got a thumbs down from him. Iā€™m still on the fence if I like it. For me losing the resonator itā€™s like having HD radio to just plain FM.

Update, Iā€™m liking it.
Sponsored

Last edited: