Sponsored

VMP Plug and Play BAP connector modification

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I'm going to be installing one of these on my car tomorrow and I read that the connector requires a modification to fit the connector on the car, but I can't find any further information as to what exactly has to be modified. If anyone has installed one or knows what needs to be modified, please let me know. Thanks!

Edit: I spoke with my tuner and he told me to go ahead and install it and that he will make changes when I go back. Would that adversely affect anything?
Sponsored

Hoopz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp
Hey guys, I'm going to be installing one of these on my car tomorrow and I read that the connector requires a modification to fit the connector on the car, but I can't find any further information as to what exactly has to be modified. If anyone has installed one or knows what needs to be modified, please let me know. Thanks!

Edit: I spoke with my tuner and he told me to go ahead and install it and that he will make changes when I go back. Would that adversely affect anything?

Hey man, I just finished installing one in my car when I did my gen 3 install and the mod to the connector is super easy. It’s just a matter of trimming some excess plastic tabs off two of the connectors. If you go to vmp’s you Tube channel and look at the video for the gen 2 supercharger install for a 2015 gt, its the first thing that he shows you how to do. Exactly step by step. It is super easy and only took me a few minutes. Good luck man.