Sponsored

Buyers remorse not waiting for Bullitt?

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Bullitt bashing thread?
Or maybe a truth tread. I think Ford is moving away from the original idea with this Bullitt in so much as the amount of content makes it unaffordable to many. The original 1968 Bullitt was a low budget fast street car. This trend started with the 2015 Anniversary appearance package only on a premium trim. Then the C/S only on a premium model. Now the Bullitt. If we ever get a Mach1 Mustang it will be a 50-60K unit. What happened to the every mans (or womans) car ?
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Or maybe a truth tread. I think Ford is moving away from the original idea with this Bullitt in so much as the amount of content makes it unaffordable to many. The original 1968 Bullitt was a low budget fast street car. This trend started with the 2015 Anniversary appearance package only on a premium trim. Then the C/S only on a premium model. Now the Bullitt. If we ever get a Mach1 Mustang it will be a 50-60K unit. What happened to the every mans (or womans) car ?
What happened to man's (or woman's) car Ford and all the other car manufacturers want to get the highest amount of profit possible from every sale. Speciality cars are considered high profit cars.

Stormtroopin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Mach 1 on order; ā€˜18 Mustang GT (sold)
I mean it's cool and all but imo all the revamps lack the luster of the original Bullitt. Add in the dealer markups, bland wheels, & minimal "visual" differentiators make it hard to justify the price difference relative to a GT. At the end of the day, depreciation hits the Bullitt in the same way it hits normal GT's.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Bullitt bashing thread?
I agree it appears that way. Why are we disparaging a model of the Mustang on this forum with total disregard to the members here who are proud of their new Bullitt. If you donā€™t like the Bullitt thatā€™s your prerogative, but ruining anotherā€™s excitement with their new car isnā€™t cool.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I mean it's cool and all but imo all the revamps lack the luster of the original Bullitt. Add in the dealer markups, bland wheels, & minimal "visual" differentiators make it hard to justify the price difference relative to a GT. At the end of the day, depreciation hits the Bullitt in the same way it hits normal GT's.
What original Bullitt are you talking about? I assume the 2004 model, as that was the first Bullitt Ford made? Or are you comparing it to a '68 Mustang one of one movie car?

IMO the new car is every bit as good as the past Bullitt cars that Ford has built. Yes they are expensive, but the price is virtually the same as any other Mustang GT with the same options. The people who have looked at it closely say the Bullitt is cheaper than a similarly equipped GT. And the uniqueness of the Bullitt means it is probably going to be worth more than a "normal" GT years down the road when you go to trade it.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
What original Bullitt are you talking about? I assume the 2004 model, as that was the first Bullitt Ford made?

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
What original Bullitt are you talking about? I assume the 2004 model, as that was the first Bullitt Ford made? Or are you comparing it to a '68 Mustang one of one movie car?

IMO the new car is every bit as good as the past Bullitt cars that Ford has built. Yes they are expensive, but the price is virtually the same as any other Mustang GT with the same options. The people who have looked at it closely say the Bullitt is cheaper than a similarly equipped GT. And the uniqueness of the Bullitt means it is probably going to be worth more than a "normal" GT years down the road when you go to trade it.
I'd like to think that you are right on the resale, but the New Edge and S197 Bullitts haven't held value well. Sure, some owners are asking way too much for them, but if you look at what's out there on the market, the Bullitt to GT price difference is negligible.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
In today's world the Bullitt is a 'low budget fast street car', sadly.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
And the uniqueness of the Bullitt means it is probably going to be worth more than a "normal" GT years down the road when you go to trade it.
Kinda like the 50th anniversary Mustang is worth so much more.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I am glad that Ford does these no matter how you feel about its worth or not.

It promotes the brand and model which is good for us all.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The Mustang Bullitt concept/idea... is in the spirit of the originalā€¦ as spec'd by Steve McQueen himself, a race car driver. A Mustang for the streets, that handles & is competent. While being low-key and unassuming..

If you get over the fact the Bullitt is "linked" to a movie.. instead of a race car driver, & how he flogged "his idea" of what an American Mustang GT can should be able to do... and then showed us.

It is a much better concept, than transformers. I can tell you that..!

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Price wise they are not really more than a 401A, PP1 + security & active exhaust (which it all has). $47590 from the build and price for a Bullitt, $47835 for the PP 401A. There are some minor differences with what comes with the 500A such as BLIS not included, but they are pretty close. The biggest difference is that as far as I can tell the Bullitt is not discounted at all. The last time I checked the Xplan pricing it was $47590, while you can get $5K of a non-Bullitt GT premium without even trying.

It really comes down to style. I don't dislike the Highland green, but it doesn't really grab me either. I don't like the wheels, and I'm not a fan of the chrome trim. If you like the color, chrome and wheels, and don't mind paying MSRP, go for it.
The Bullitt is more, way more, than just the sum of the extra features.

It has a different soul. Drive a GT and Bullitt back to back and you'll see what I mean. Yes, the Bullitt is at least $5K more than a comparably-equipped GT Premium simply because there are zero discounts on the Bullitt whereas you can get a significant discount on regular Mustangs (in stock).

Bullitt also has an amazing sound system with a very unique exhaust note. You can not replicate this.

Those extra 20 hp will also be felt when you're driving enthusiastically.

Is the Bullitt the fastest car? Does it handle better than a Camaro SS 1LE? Does it matter? No, no, and no.

Bullitt is designed for those that respect it for what it is. I'm taking a major bath on my trade-in just to get a Bullitt. I plan to keep my Bullitt for at least 10 years.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Not sure about that my friend. The base 301a PP2 starts at $44k.
$47,080.00 MSRP
$42,500.00 Negotiated Price
$ 199.95 Dealer Doc Fee
$(3,000.00) Ford Customer Rebate
$ (750.00) Ford Private Cash
$38,949.95 Out-The-Door Price

Window Sticker

full.png

Sales Invoice

full.png

Sitting in my garage

full.jpg

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I saw the Bullitt at Detroit auto show in January, but was actually there to see a PP2 in person which they did not have. No remorse here, I bought a PP2 a few days later that same month out of Dallas and have no regrets, love the car. I saw postings of early build PP2s so I went to check it out, came home with it. In my opinion, if you were going to buy a well loaded GT with similar options, but wanted something a bit more rare/unique, then this is for you. I don't think it would ever hold its value above the price difference it is at sticker versus the 5k or so deal you'd get off on a GT, but it's unique, you could take it to car shows and draw attention, it brings about conversation with people that know what it is, and it pays tribute to some cool mustang history. I also think having an original on tour and at the show has helped make this year's Bullitt have a bit more luster, awareness, and attraction. No remorse here, it's cool, but not something I'd pick over the PP2 I bought. It might be something I considered if I was in the market for green/black, but those were not color options I was interested in at the time.
Sponsored