Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
What are the specs on the top visible screw? Ford has raised the price to $22 per screw!! It looks like it could just be a longer M8?

The bottom plate screws are now $30 each. If you order all the bolts from parts.ford.com the total comes out to $120, with discounts, just for the bolts and screws. That is criminal, lol.

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Manual Magnetic GT Premium w/401a, Performance Pack and Active Exhaust
I bought all the oem stuff it was not very much at all plus this way mine looks factory even bought the shaker plaque below the radio
Where did you obtain the Shaker plaque? Did you have to pull apart the dash and console to install it?

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I think all you need for the plaque is to pull the tray out and you can get under it and pop it out. I forget if the center console trim needs to be pulled back but that's not hard.

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I think all you need for the plaque is to pull the tray out and you can get under it and pop it out. I forget if the center console trim needs to be pulled back but that's not hard.
That's good to hear. It's just a little something that would be nice to have to 'finish' this off and make it as 'factory' as possible. Now I just have to find the actual plaque...

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Are you doing all the speakers too?

I asked a question in another thread if the SP speakers are a direct replacement for the Premium setup but haven't gotten any responses.

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Are you doing all the speakers too?

I asked a question in another thread if the SP speakers are a direct replacement for the Premium setup but haven't gotten any responses.
I saw that you asked about the SP and the B&O speakers in some other threads, I'm monitoring those as well.

The front center channel speaker is the only one I have plans to upgrade at this time. I was able to score a Polk DB 351 from another forum member just recently and it seems like replacing that single speaker is the best bang for the buck. I'm considering replacing the rear speakers with some two-ways, since the new DSP I'll be installing supports that, but I haven't decided with certainty yet.

The good news is that I just got an email from parts.ford.com telling me that my wiring harness has shipped. That plus perhaps some mounting bolts are the last pieces of the puzzle for me to finally get this thing done. Oh, and that Shaker plaque...

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I ordered the Sub from parts.ford. It shipped to the dealer overnight! For what people are charging for horribly beaten up subs on ebay it made sense to get it new.

Sponsored

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Sub from parts.ford. It shipped to the dealer overnight! For what people are charging for horribly beaten up subs on ebay it made sense to get it new.
It's impressive that they shipped it out overnight. When I saw the prices on Ebay for the subwoofers I nearly went the same route as you. However, I was lucky enough to find a salvage yard that had a sub in good condition. I was able to get the subwoofer enclosure with attached amp, mounting bracket, cover plate, trunk carpet and some mounting hardware shipped to me for $200. I had to scour car-part.com for ages, but it paid off in the end.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It's impressive that they shipped it out overnight. When I saw the prices on Ebay for the subwoofers I nearly went the same route as you. However, I was lucky enough to find a salvage yard that had a sub in good condition. I was able to get the subwoofer enclosure with attached amp, mounting bracket, cover plate, trunk carpet and some mounting hardware shipped to me for $200. I had to scour car-part.com for ages, but it paid off in the end.
Nice! that is a tough find. People seem to forget about the mounting hardware when they put them up for sale. I've seen a few listings with the harness wires just sliced right off too. Which probably required more effort to cut than it would have to unhook.

I'll be in around $400 or a little less when I'm all done.

I almost went with a new ACM with HD radio but I didn't want to mess with my 5 year Sirius TravelLink subscription. I was wondering if it might be possible to do surgery on the ACM and swap Sirius or HD modules around.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've got my Shaker Pro sub up and running. It made a much bigger difference than I expected!!! The Shaker Pro system may not be that great but it's better than Premium.

However, I suspect my speakers may be 4 ohm and the amp is setup for 2 ohm. They base levels when everything is set flat seem too high to me.

Could it be some of these DSPs may be for a 4 or 2 ohm configuration? To get what I would consider loud levels I have to turn the volume around 12 or past half way. The old DSP/Amp was loud past 6.

I plan to upgrade to the speakers anyway.

I wonder what the 2019 Premium models with active exhaust will be able to do? The wiring harnesses for the B&O look different at the amp but I'm not sure what the 2019 premium DSPs look like.

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I've got my Shaker Pro sub up and running. It made a much bigger difference than I expected!!! The Shaker Pro system may not be that great but it's better than Premium.
Did you end up going with the M8-1.25mm x 30mm bolts from the Ebay listing to mount the sub?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible / 2018 Mustang GT
I found a complete Shaker Pro upgrade from a salvage place for $250 (Subwoofer with Amp and encloser, rear speakers and DSP). I haven't seen how beat up it is yet, but it's a start to better sound. I have an 2018 with active exhaust, although I haven't confirmed I have the wiring harness yet. It should arrive today or tomorrow, then I can compile a list of everything else I need and get it here by next week. What length bolts will I need and where did those that have the Shaker plaque get them?
Sponsored