Sponsored

Aluminum trim kit from eBay - anyone try it?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292647591857

I’m looking to “spruce up” those last bits of plastic in the interior, was thinking mostly the speaker grills and have been debating on the vents as well. I saw that the vents on AmericanMuscle don’t fit properly unless you bend/“mold” them (and that you can’t open/close the vents after install :headbang:), but then I found this kit on eBay that came with “everything”... so, yea. Anyone have experience with this? Pics? Any alternatives (especially for the speaker grills)?

A concern is that the speaker grills, which I found elsewhere as well, seem to be chromed/reflective which will likely clash with my PP1 dash and Showstopper Red interior, and thus will look tacky. I’d love a more muted/darker titanium/gun-metal grills for the door and A-pillar speakers. Those plastic ones just look... bleh.
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you talking about these vent pieces from AM? https://www.americanmuscle.com/brushed-ac-vent-trim-etched-running-pony-1517.html

I got the same ones from CJPP. The bend/mold part was quick and easy, and the vents still open and close just fine. If you look close, you can see them in this pic of my interior.
Yes! A lot of the reviews seemed mixed on them, and for $80+ they should really be custom 1:1 fit from the get-go IMO. Going through the reviews again, some claim that they won't open/close, others claim that they just don't open/close "well" anymore compared to the plastic OEM parts, others say they work the same - so it must come down to how well you "mold" it yourself...? Regardless, I have bad luck with that type of stuff and would want something that can just be installed and work. However, my main thing is/are the speaker grills - any alternative or are these "premium" ones the only choice? My issue is them seemingly being reflective and chrome-like, I'd rather a more muted metal coloration... With all the photos (for this and alternatives) being zoomed in so closely it's hard to tell if it looks good or tacky on the doors.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think the full chrome cover like in those pictures might be a bit much, but Blue Moon's has a good combination of chrome on the speaker without being 100% covered in it.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the full chrome cover like in those pictures might be a bit much, but Blue Moon's has a good combination of chrome on the speaker without being 100% covered in it.
Yea, the rings make a difference, I’d need to see the entire door/all three speakers, though.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Sorry, I've only got 2 speakers on the door. :frown: