Spacer Problem

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Help needed! Installed Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs on my GT yesterday, plus Eibach spacers (25mm front, 20mm rear). All good, except that the drivers' side rear now juts out about 5mm beyond the wheel arch. Pics attached (first two show the problem). Other side is fine (second two pics). Explanation was that this sometimes happens - ie, car made that way. I can certainly believe it of a Ford, especially as I've read that such an imbalance is common on the S95s. Anyone experienced it with a S550?
But, with the 20mm rear spacers on, this becomes much more obvious. I could try to ignore it but I can't - my eye drops to the asymmetry every time and I can't stand it.
So what to do? Advice welcome. What I'm think of is replacing the bulbous side with one Eibach 15mm spacer. Is that a bad idea? (It would cost me over Ā£100 extra - so that is bad). The car is imbalanced already, after all.
Thanks
John
IMG_1188.jpg
IMG_1189.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg
IMG_1192.jpg
Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
not being funny but have you checked the right wheels are in the correct place
when I picked my car up it had 255 one side 275 the other wasn't until I was cleaning the car I noticed
have fun brad

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
not being funny but have you checked the right wheels are in the correct place
when I picked my car up it had 255 one side 275 the other wasn't until I was cleaning the car I noticed
have fun brad
Checked them - they're good!

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
The right one looks like mine did when I had the GT wheels on with 25mm spacers on the rear....perfect!! No change the spacers have been mixed up I spose?

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Yup.... what he said^^^^

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
As Hinch and Enoch say I'd suspect the subframe isn't sitting centrally in the bushes. Not a major issue to resolve on a ramp.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Thereā€™s a huge amount of adjustment on the rear for camber, mine was all over when we fitted springs, as mentioned a 4 wheel alignment will sort this out, this should be done if fitting springs on any car really.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Stick steeda subframe location bushes on it and that will resolve the off centre issue. Use in conjunction with BMR cb005 to stop tramping too.

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1251.jpg
Update: brought back my S550 to my garage and it's all sorted: it was indeed an unaligned cradle (at all 4 points) - so bolts loosened, car adjusted, and everything back in place. Perfect job IMO (they also shaved the studs on the rear 20mm Eibachs too, just to be sure).
Sponsored