Sponsored

Ceramic vs Wax Poll

Who has Ceramic vs Who still loves Waxing?

• Total voters

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Having worked for an IGL installer, I will always prefer that people use the BEST quality ceramics, with proper correction beforehand, proper installation techniques and consistent wash methods. I prefer foam cannon, high pressure rinse, air blower dry and a "spray sealant" that works like a spray detailer (IGL, Ceramic Pro, etc).

Ceramic, in my eyes, makes a vehicle paint look brand new for years and years if combined with a full PPF of something like Xpel Ultimate. It becomes very very protective against rock chips, etc.

That being said, I don't use ceramic or a wax technique on my white 16gt.

The only thing that's touched it has been:

Pressure Washer
Foam Cannon
Air Blower
Meguiars Spray "Wax"
Meguairs Spray "Detailer"

It's now 3 years old and doesn't even have "spider webbing" marks in it when using a high quality SCANGRIP light to check the car.

I believe in ceramics and waxes....but it's not needed for a car that you are willing to spend 2-3 hours a week maintaining. I use some of the worst products on the market, that the majority of Detail shops completely disagree with....Meguairs.

Works for me....:whew:
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Having worked for an IGL installer, I will always prefer that people use the BEST quality ceramics, with proper correction beforehand, proper installation techniques and consistent wash methods. I prefer foam cannon, high pressure rinse, air blower dry and a "spray sealant" that works like a spray detailer (IGL, Ceramic Pro, etc).

Ceramic, in my eyes, makes a vehicle paint look brand new for years and years if combined with a full PPF of something like Xpel Ultimate. It becomes very very protective against rock chips, etc.

That being said, I don't use ceramic or a wax technique on my white 16gt.

The only thing that's touched it has been:

Pressure Washer
Foam Cannon
Air Blower
Meguiars Spray "Wax"
Meguairs Spray "Detailer"

It's now 3 years old and doesn't even have "spider webbing" marks in it when using a high quality SCANGRIP light to check the car.

I believe in ceramics and waxes....but it's not needed for a car that you are willing to spend 2-3 hours a week maintaining. I use some of the worst products on the market, that the majority of Detail shops completely disagree with....Meguairs.

Works for me....:whew:
I'd bet your paint has lots of bonded contamination on it if you've never physically hand washed it. Foam cannon / touchless works great for dust / very light dirt but anything that's seen rain or old dirt needs a good ol hand wash.

Plus your car is white. You could wash that thing with scotch brite and it will still look good.