found a 82mm pulley on my car now what to do

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
well i went to to change my belt and low and behold the po must have put a 82mm pulley on it .. now im stumped, i have a 85 i got from a friend do i just put it on , cause i know there shouldnt be a 82 on there without a tune and a bap . and as far as i know its on the roush tune.. this might turn into a sh#t show for me ..guess im going to have to take it to a roush dealer and have them read the ecu and see if there tune is in fact on it ..runs fine no odd stuff a/f is where it should be at wot 11ish 14.1 at idle
Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
now you order a BAP and tune from lund and send it!

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
yeah but i cant keep driving around with the 82 on there and atm im looking into just getting a handheld and a tune but ill have to put the 85 on there just to be safe i guess

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
now you order a BAP and tune from lund and send it!
You will also need fuel injectors or Lund won’t tune it with an 82mm pulley. They will let you know also that your car might get damaged if you use there tune and a 85mm pulley because it will go lean up top.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
85mm pulley is the size the kit comes with .. cant imagine it will do damage on the stock setup and there tune .. ive seen people on here with a bap a 82mm pulley and didnt change injectors.. think thats as low as you can go without changing them least with whitneydog thats what hes on and doesnt have a issue .. im just going to put the 85mm back on.. and as far as tuning with lund ive seen them offer the tune and handheld combo through a few vendors. and pbd does the same without needing to change injectors for the 85 or 82.. anything lower then yeah i can see it needing more then a bap

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Wow, haven't been on here in quite a while. But yes robwlf, I have the stock injectors of the Roush kit, fuel pump booster, an 82mm pulley and tuned by Lund. I did datalogging with them when I went to the 82 just to make sure my injectors could handle it. Lund said it was still safe even at the higher RPM range, but I could go no lower on the pulley size because I was at the limit. The ONLY thing he changed when datalogging was he changed how the tune adapts to varying levels of ethanol in the fuel (I hope I said that right). That was it. Car still runs super.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
nice.. yeah im looking at options i either go with that set up or... i just get the roush stage 2 upgrade which is a bap a 80mm pulley, plugs (which i did already) ngk,s and there voucher card for the calibration... that seems to be the best price wise little over a grand and that puts me at 727hp

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
its either that or i go with vmp and the sct bully handheld and vmp tune. but thats with the 85mm stock pulley not the 82 and that still keeps me at stage 1 rather then a stage 2 like the roush ... roush stage 2 is looking pretty good atm

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
its either that or i go with vmp and the sct bully handheld and vmp tune. but thats with the 85mm stock pulley not the 82 and that still keeps me at stage 1 rather then a stage 2 like the roush ... roush stage 2 is looking pretty good atm
My Roush stage 2 is more than enough for my daily driver. I love it! It is conservative but there is not much out there that is faster on the streets. If you go to the strip and race I would recommend a different tune. But it’s hard enough to keep any traction with summer tires on the road in 1st and 2nd gear. 3rd and 4th pull hard as hell! Good luck.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
yeah thats what i figured phase 2 is plenty for me .. im fine with conservative, its still 727 which is plenty i dont track anymore i just enjoy wide open back roads and then letting it breath a good bit .. which phase 2 will be more then enough

Sponsored
OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
just pulled the trigger on the roush phase 2 kit should have it by the end of the week

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
More good times a-comin'!!!

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
now i have to install the pulley and bap at home then baby it to the dealer for the flash which is in quakertown there the closest roush dealer to me to flash the tune .. like 30 miles away

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You will be very happy with your Roush Phase 2. I’ve love every second of driving it and is more power than you’ll ever need and can handle just about any car you come across on the street including exotics.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
yeah 727 is more then enough.. im pretty happy with the phase 1.. i just didnt like when i changed the belt and was like wth is a 82mm pulley doing on here .. so i swapped the one my buddy gave ..which was what the kit comes with 85... im just not taking any chances so im going to drive normal. ( which is hard ) lol .. till i get this all settled
Sponsored