SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

o7low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I linked the instructions as best we currently have them, if you don't want to follow them I'm not going to break it down. It's been broken down ad nauseam.[/QU
@o7low Greg, your a harness customer.. you get that Info in a spreadsheet as part of your purchase. It’s still in beta form but will help you. pM me, I’ll ask a few questions and reply with the exact data.
PM sent ty sir
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Yes, sort of. The as built you access with FORScan will usually tell.
Ok cool. Thanks.

I was reading earlier that you will eventually sell the harness and stuff on ebay. Do you have a time table for it? I'm looking to buy. I'm just doing the basic swap, no gps/hd radio.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
So everything is installed and working great (one or two programming modifications [i.e. remove sirius as audio source and change FCIM to "center stack" type] to be done tomorrow)...however...when I did my programming, I did not need to change the BCM for the system to recognize that I switched hardware for the emergency flasher...in fact, the car seemed to prevent me from changing the related value (@Spart any ideas)

Huge thank you to @HextallS550 for the plug and play harness...total install time was less than an hour and SO EASY)!

Thanks

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
And today...I upgraded to Sync 3 version 3.0...I am so happy to have done this swap...makes the car so wonderful to drive in :D
I saw you post somewhere else before about where to get v3 of the software to do the upgrade, where'd you grab it from?

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I saw you post somewhere else before about where to get v3 of the software to do the upgrade, where'd you grab it from?
I grabbed the file from a friend who has a premium eco boost and also needed to do the update. So I ended up becoming a "test mule of sorts". The only catch is I also had to deal with the dreaded "Mem_ERR03" during the install but that was easily fixed thanks to this thread - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mem_err03-when-trying-to-update.100437/#post-2197698.

Good luck

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ok cool. Thanks.

I was reading earlier that you will eventually sell the harness and stuff on ebay. Do you have a time table for it? I'm looking to buy. I'm just doing the basic swap, no gps/hd radio.
Buying them on Ebay will not be discounted. Better to PM for the special 6g pricing

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
@HextallS550 PM sent.

Are those sheets for me? Looks like my setup will be similar to jperls. I'm assuming that these are the FORScan values? I've never used FORScan.

Silly question, but how much better is hd radio compare to plain radio?

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No, the sheets are just for general info. I include them with my harness as well as a Power Point detailing the install. But I post them here for folks who are doing it on their own without my tech support.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
@HextallS550 PM sent.

Are those sheets for me? Looks like my setup will be similar to jperls. I'm assuming that these are the FORScan values? I've never used FORScan.

Silly question, but how much better is hd radio compare to plain radio?
Sound is a little clearer and slightly more options (did you know there are second stations to some of the mainstream radio stations? I had no idea until I played with setting up the radio station in my mom's new Lexus). Coverage is also more impacted by bridges/tunnels.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I did not need to change the BCM for the system to recognize that I switched hardware for the emergency flasher...in fact, the car seemed to prevent me from changing the related value (@Spart any ideas)
To be clear, the correction in the BCM that corrects the operation of the hazard toggle does just that: corrects the operation.

When you put a premium bezel in a base car, you may notice that when you push up on the hazard toggle, it sticks on. This is by design. You can push the toggle down again but it won't go down on it's own.

In a premium car, the hazards are on in the up position and down in the off position. In a base car, you tap the button to turn the hazards on and tap again to turn it off, much like a mechanical latching button switch but the effect is electronic, as the button is physically a momentary switch.

The toggle in the premium car is also a momentary switch and thus the need for the as-built change. The toggle is effectively holding down a momentary switch. So when you put the premium bezel in a base car with no as-built changes, you must flip the toggle up then down to turn on hazards, then up and down again to turn them off. Whereas the correct operation (that the as-built change will give you) is up - on, down - off.

I hope that was clear enough.

ANYWAY, with regard to the as-built change not working... are you in a 2018 car now? If not, can you screenshot what you're trying to set in FORScan and post it here?

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Sound is a little clearer and slightly more options (did you know there are second stations to some of the mainstream radio stations? I had no idea until I played with setting up the radio station in my mom's new Lexus). Coverage is also more impacted by bridges/tunnels.
Sounds like I can skip it since I think the radio sounds fine as is. If I find a unit cheaply then I might consider adding it.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I will be taking time off from my regular job at the end of this month to start production of Sync 3 swap harnesses, MFT harnesses, ACM-RCA harnesses and DSP-RCA harnesses. If you are local to Columbus or Cincinnati, Ohio and you are going to do the swap in a car other than Mustang I want to speak with you!

I'd also like to know how many people are interested in some kind of multi-part video series on Sync swaps, FORScan programming and other add-ons such as RPA or adding My Color. I picture it as a video FAQ.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.