Sponsored

CJPP unbranded axle-back?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I would say except for wheel choice, exhaust sound is mostly subjective. Kind of hard to tell someone else what they should like...and I'm glad you like yours.
Sponsored

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced my defective H-pipe with a new X-pipe today........ Much better sound! If you want to compare the H-pipe video is on page 5 this thread.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]IXy8FaYYNdw[/MEDIA]"]

furgoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I have decided to sell my CJPP unbranded axle backs. They don't have many miles on them. I will post some pics in the marketplace shortly.

They sounded great with the stock exhaust piping but I decided to go full cat back with the Borla Touring.

Thinking of doing 200 plus shipping.

Let me know if you are interested.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Just reporting back again...

After several months now....still love them!! They sound perfect and are exactly what I had hoped for. There are odd speeds/RPM's/engine behavior that does produce a drone, but it's only for a second or two and it snaps out of it. It could just be me getting used to them but I'd say they sound even better now than when I first threw them on. The range that I notice the drone seems less. Insignificant really. And for the price, if you're looking for that deep growl and don't want to spend $700+ to get it...give these a try.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Well after several months of looking, I finally located a sacrificial OE exhaust to cut up and try out my CJ axles. My thought is, it’s easier to spend another $100 on a donor system. That way, If I don’t like the sound, I can just pop my OE exhaust back on and not have to get anything welded. All can be done in my garage.

Hopefully tomoro :)
D4689738-4CF6-4823-8857-1E54949CD27A.jpeg

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
.…..and the results are sadly still sitting in my garage. I have been so busy with moving my son from one college/city to another, I just haven't had the time. My wife and my son are leaving to get him situated in his now apartment tomoro morning. He will be in a different province and its quite a drive and she (wife) will be gone with him for a week. So I will/should find the time to install hopefully this weekend.:fingerscrossed:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Mine is a vert with this exhaust.

My review was earlier.

Still love mine! They sound amazing, but unfortunately do drone between 1500 and 2100. More drone with the top up then down.

But they sound oh so good! My friend has the Borla and always comments about how mine has a nicer sound than his.

Of course, sound is subjective.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I am thinking there will be a trip or two in the car to visit him.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Mine is a vert with this exhaust.

My review was earlier.

Still love mine! They sound amazing, but unfortunately do drone between 1500 and 2100. More drone with the top up then down.

But they sound oh so good! My friend has the Borla and always comments about how mine has a nicer sound than his.

Of course, sound is subjective.
AT or MT?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
AT or MT?
I have an auto with 3.55 gears.

Love the sound!

I notice it way more when I leave it in “normal” than if I use “sport”. In normal, the transmission allows the rpms to drop into that range much more. In sport, it holds the rpms out of that range for the most part.

My wife and kids love the sound! My wife who has been accustomed to loud cars over the years and teases me due to my age and reliving my earlier days (wait til she’s sees the supercharger) says this is how the car is supposed to sound. She’s never commented on the drone what so ever and simply says she loves the sound now. She thought my mustangs in the past (5.0 fox body) were too loud (Flowmaster). She thinks my friends (16) with the Borla attack is too loud and describes it as “metal like”, not deep and bassy like mine.

Subjective I know, but I do love the sound and the deep growl.

Simply can’t beat the price neither! Honestly, I just couldn’t justify spending close to $1800 (Ontario) for a cat back system.

My brother says get a Corsa. He’s put their stuff on all his cars and trucks. But he’s got more money than me... I’m not spending 2K + on exhaust unless it’s got headers included. The CJPP / SVE is actually built really well! I have no concerns over the construction of it at all.

My advice is to listen to as many exhausts as you can, in person. Or just try it! And if you if you find that you don’t like it, it wasn’t a huge investment anyways. Easier To recoup most back on a cheaper exhaust then a pricy one, if you decided to sell it.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I have an auto with 3.55 gears.

Love the sound!

I notice it way more when I leave it in “normal” than if I use “sport”. In normal, the transmission allows the rpms to drop into that range much more. In sport, it holds the rpms out of that range for the most part.

My wife and kids love the sound! My wife who has been accustomed to loud cars over the years and teases me due to my age and reliving my earlier days (wait til she’s sees the supercharger) says this is how the car is supposed to sound. She’s never commented on the drone what so ever and simply says she loves the sound now. She thought my mustangs in the past (5.0 fox body) were too loud (Flowmaster). She thinks my friends (16) with the Borla attack is too loud and describes it as “metal like”, not deep and bassy like mine.

Subjective I know, but I do love the sound and the deep growl.

Simply can’t beat the price neither! Honestly, I just couldn’t justify spending close to $1800 (Ontario) for a cat back system.

My brother says get a Corsa. He’s put their stuff on all his cars and trucks. But he’s got more money than me... I’m not spending 2K + on exhaust unless it’s got headers included. The CJPP / SVE is actually built really well! I have no concerns over the construction of it at all.

My advice is to listen to as many exhausts as you can, in person. Or just try it! And if you if you find that you don’t like it, it wasn’t a huge investment anyways. Easier To recoup most back on a cheaper exhaust then a pricy one, if you decided to sell it.

Good luck!
Thanx for the input. I hear ya on cost. I am north of the border as well (Newfoundland), so I really get it. I have an MT with a 3:31. I am hoping to get t installed this weekend. But I have been extra busy and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous here for the past 2 months. So ya know that means getting in as much “top-down” time as possible. :)

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
My journey with these mufflers has come to an end. Tomorrow I'm installing Corsa Touring axle-backs!

Last edited:

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Corsa Touring mufflers installed. Wow. Just wow. Spent well over 2 hours in the car driving (highway and city) and these sound phenomenal. Absolutely no drone anywhere, in any rpm range. What I came to despise with the CJPP mufflers (drone in the 1500-2200 rpm range) has been completely eliminated with the Corsas. And the deal that I got on them puts an extra big smile on my face.

Cherry on top? Black tips! :rockon:
Sponsored