Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaltermittygarage.com
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0; AT; 355's
I replaced the front and rear suspensions on my 2017 Ford Mustang GT 5.0. As I pulled the car out of the shop on my way home, the following idiot lights came on. I can turn them off with the menu, but every time the car starts up, they're back on. Plus, the Advance Trac and Hill Assist lights come back on whenever I make my first braking stop after the car starts up. Once cleared, they don't come back on until engine restart.
1.ABS light on
2. Traction control light on
3. Advance trac light on
4. Hill Start Assist Not Available warning displayed
5.Advance Trac Service Required warning displayed
6. Steering assist fault service required warning displayed (and the steering has become VERY heavy

Ford dealer can't find the problem. I wonder if I should return the PCM to stock for them to test the system on their "IDS" system. Any body have ideas to help?
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
One or more ABS wheel speed sensors damaged or simply not reconnected? All the features you listed rely on info and/or computer processing from the ABS system which needs wheel speeds. I have no idea why the steering got heavy but that could be related to "new suspension" depending on what was changed, disconnected, damaged, or not properly aligned.

OP
OP

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
One or more ABS wheel speed sensors damaged or simply not reconnected? All the features you listed rely on info and/or computer processing from the ABS system which needs wheel speeds. I have no idea why the steering got heavy but that could be related to "new suspension" depending on what was changed, disconnected, damaged, or not properly aligned.

OP
OP

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
i replaced struts, springs, bump stops, shocks, sway bars, and more with Steeda's full product line of drag racing products.. I suspect the sensors/their wires to be the problem. Thanks for your help.

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Euro Spec - 2014 Focus ST with EFR7163
There could be a ground wire loose somewhere. We installed a UPR catch can on a friend's car and after the install, it was giving the exact same errors. We checked and rechecked everything but couldn't find anything wrong. Since the catch can mount was installed on a bolt where a ground wire was attached to, we decided to try moving the ground wire to another bolt on the chassis. Voila! That fixed everything! The ground I'm talking about is one on the side of the passenger shock tower.
Sponsored