Sponsored

Going to Great Lakes Dragaway, Union Grove Wisconsin Tonight, anybody else going?

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Unless something from work comes up heading to GLD around 3:15 PM to get to GLD for gate opening at 5:00pm. Hopefully other Mustang's show up! DA is 2790, humidity is around 80%, temp is 79 wind is NE around 10mph with gusts of 11, so headwind shouldn't be a problem, for once!!

See you there I hope.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I got there, I beat a Scat Pack but the power cut off was now happening going into 2nd and 3rd. After my race with the Scat Pack he came up to me and said it looked like you missed a gear, he got a good 3/4 of a car when the power cut but I caught him and beat him with a [email protected] to his [email protected].

60ft bogged almost every time I ran so they were off a tenth as well which I'm not too worried about, the power cutting off during upshifts with drag mode in D and Adv Trac off are pissing me off considering all the people who say this isn't supposed to happen.

I'll post slips tomorrow, disappointing day.

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
the power cutting off during upshifts with drag mode in D and Adv Trac off are pissing me off considering all the people who say this isn't supposed to happen.

Mine does the same thing. My dealer is worthless about this sort of thing so I am hoping someone can offer a solution.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the power cutting off during upshifts with drag mode in D and Adv Trac off are pissing me off considering all the people who say this isn't supposed to happen.

Mine does the same thing. My dealer is worthless about this sort of thing so I am hoping someone can offer a solution.
Agreed, when I spoke to the dealer all the service manager could say is that's supposed to happen. My response was so disabling advanced trac means its still supposed to cut power, why the frig even have drag mode if the car is going to cut power essentially wasting the effort???

Stealerships are useless.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
mine has done it twice, when traction was severely lost ..and I mean tires still smoking at 40-50 miles an hours but not on the up shift slippage..try more traction??

Sponsored

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
mine has done it twice, when traction was severely lost ..and I mean tires still smoking at 40-50 miles an hours but not on the up shift slippage..try more traction??
I'm trying to make sense of your post, yours has done it twice when traction was severely lost so you left both traction control and advanced trac on since you didn't have power cut during the shift. I wasn't having traction issues, I was having power cut off during the shift before tires could spin.

Also, when it does it going into 6th or 7th there isn't a chance in hell of tire spin so no reason to for it to cut back power. When the car goes down the track properly in Drag mode it slams 2nd and 3rd very hard, its awesome, trac/adv trac off of course so there is no excuse for the car to choose one day to cut power in every single run like somebody hit a power cut off switch. View attachment 296670 View attachment 296675 View attachment 296676

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not going to the drag strip again until I can figure out what the hell is cutting the power during up-shifts with traction control and advanced trac turned off. I see people racing without this issue and yet it keeps happening in mine and Ford calls this normal. I love the car but not the inconsistency of it's performance at the drag strip.

Now, I know the temptation is going to be to give advice on better short times or traction, don't, that isn't the problem. Short times can be addresses easily, this crap with power cutting during the up-shifts makes no sense. Before it happened going into 6th now it's on the 1 2 shift, the guy in the Scat Pack thought I missed a gear until I told him I'm in an auto.

Time to save up for a CAI and Tune which may have to wait until next Spring.

20180812_205019.jpg

No idea what this thing runs but it made one hell of a lot of noise before going BOOM on the starting line.

20180810_174458.jpg

Cooling her off between runs.

20180810_184457.jpg

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Loki, I have the same issue...only worse. I get hellacious wheel hop on the 1-2 shift. It is possible that better tires would solve that. However, that would not solve the car falling on its face at the other shifts.

I don't even use drag mode at the strip. I have run 12.36 @ 116 in sport+ but would love to see what it would do if I could use drag mode.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Loki, I have the same issue...only worse. I get hellacious wheel hop on the 1-2 shift. It is possible that better tires would solve that. However, that would not solve the car falling on its face at the other shifts.

I don't even use drag mode at the strip. I have run 12.36 @ 116 in sport+ but would love to see what it would do if I could use drag mode.
It didn't bang the gear in 1 2 at all, it simply cut power back as it shifted gears. I would have tried sport+ if I wasn't trying to get the most out of drag mode. :explode:
Sponsored