drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just curious what the point of this shifter handle is? is it so you appear to have a manual trans instead of auto?
Style, looks, quality of the component... Definitely not to appear to have a manual transmission, for me at least. Seems like a kinda cringy thing to do.
Sponsored

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I used to have it, mainly because I didn't like the height of the stock auto shifter. However, I have since taken it off. Just couldn't get used to the look of it in an automatic and didn't care for the way it functioned with having to push it down.
I believe the white madeness auto shifter is meant to use by pulling up on the ring under the shift knob. It’s not meant to push down to shift.

OP
OP

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
for me I like the look second like the feel of round ball on my hand

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Side by side picture for comparison. I found the stock shifter looked ok-ish, but was ultra-cheap feeling. Having come from a digital shifter in my BMW, I felt it needed something else. Given the choices, I felt that a retro look would be nice and I'm personally happy with the choice
20180627_165201-COLLAGE.jpg

OP
OP

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
drewzh did you notice does the ball screw off and can be changed would think so since there other colors to chose from

Sponsored

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
drewzh did you notice does the ball screw off and can be changed would think so since there other colors to chose from
There's about 3-4 separate small screws, not a single threaded post at your may think, so I'm not sure if it's as easy as you'd probably think.

OP
OP

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
`OK thanks makes sense they don't want to have too much fun and inter change balls

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
It functions just like the OEM shifter. On the OEM, you push a button (the fake "trigger" how they were on those old dogfighters like the Mustang). But the whole assembly has a terrible, plasticy feel. Loved my WM shifter. Getting a good color can really help accent the interior of your vehicle too vs. that OEM....thing.

I also put a manual boot on mine because the PRNDS is fugly and unnecessary.

The ball doesn't screw off like a manual. It mounts onto some sort of pressure ring which is then secured into the knob by screws. The first version just had the pressure mount stuffed in there and they would fall out, but WM paid for shipping to take them back and install the ring with screws.

OP
OP

slickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
GREAT reply BlueThunder thanks

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Where did you get the manual boot from?
You can get it from any parts supplier. I think I got mine from Levittown because they're close to me, and they offer like 3 different stitching colors. It does require modification to get it to work though. There's a thread in I believe the cosmetic forum for the WM shifter that details the whole process.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
How long are these lasting lately for most of you? I am seeing a few reviews that they do not like hot climates and start to just chip and crack within a month. maybe WM has gotten better over time at finishing the balls? I just received a nice ruby red one this month and plan to install it, but afraid down the road it will chip/crack? View attachment 322408

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
How long are these lasting lately for most of you? I am seeing a few reviews that they do not like hot climates and start to just chip and crack within a month. maybe WM has gotten better over time at finishing the balls? I just received a nice ruby red one this month and plan to install it, but afraid down the road it will chip/crack? View attachment 322408
I have had mine going on five months with no issues. Chipping a cracking, sounds like maybe they were abused a bit? Mine looks the same as the day I got it, not even a scratch.
Sponsored