Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Spied With Track Package Style Spoiler (VIDEO INCLUDED)

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That wing is a little small looking for the rest if the proportions. I want the bigger one!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes true. Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

I’m pretty sure the core team working on the 500 has been reduced to where they fit in a restaurant booth now. The corvette team is probably 20-30 large. Our team can be counted one one hand

Funding and talent to the 500 has run dry. BMac can you confirm this somewhat?
Most definitely not.

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Red Fire GT Shaker 1000
More test photos. yea. Did anyone see the photos of the new mid engine Vette? All GT500 thunder. is now gone.:frown:
That mid engine Vette is more of a Supercar and not in the same category as the ZL1, GT500 or Demon. It's competition is more in the Ford GT area.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That mid engine Vette is more of a Supercar and not in the same category as the ZL1, GT500 or Demon. It's competition is more in the Ford GT area.
Hopefully the mid-engine 'vette will be that good, but not priced or built in supercar volumes. Hopefully it will be a regular mass produced car that you can order anywhere at a somewhat reasonable price - not a hand built exotic that you have to have connections in order to buy. I want it to be light and perform well, but hopefully not built of all carbon fiber or with other exotic materials that skyrocket the price into the stratosphere. Just because the engine position was changed doesn't mean the car has to cost $2XX,XXX now, or even over $100,000. I'm looking forward to more info on the twin turbo V8 as well.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
The GT500 and the Mid-Engine'd Vette will likely MSRP within $10k of eachother.

The Vette I have been told isn't over $80k for a base model, more around mid $70k. With the GT350R already within $10k... not even including ADM... I imagine it will be quite easy to get the mid-engine Vette for less than the GT500.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You do know, that is exactly what the new mid-engine corvette is... a supercar. The other Corvettes will still be in production..

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You do know, that is exactly what the new mid-engine corvette is... a supercar. The other Corvettes will still be in production..
Seems to me like the front engine 'vettes have run their course and it's time to go to a mid-engine architecture. Or get rid of the Camaro. Too many cars competing with each other.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Is it slated for intro at the L.A. show in November? It sure seems like this is taking an awful long time to debut.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I do hope Ford Performance offers a lip spoiler like this in addition to wing options. I personally like the spoiler on my Z06 much better than the ZR1's wings but understand the benefit of them on a road course.

More test photos. yea. Did anyone see the photos of the new mid engine Vette? All GT500 thunder. is now gone.:frown:
There is some truth to your statement. I was looking for the GT500 to bring me back into the Mustang fold, but after seeing the C8.R spy shots the new Vette could keep me on the dark side a little longer. If Ford keeps dragging out the official GT500 reveal it risks begin eclipsed by the C8 Vette. I realize the cars aren't suppose to compete against each but in the real word they do.

Is it slated for intro at the L.A. show in November? It sure seems like this is taking an awful long time to debut.
Any later than the LA show runs into being an afterthought to the C8 Vette. If Ford could pull it off they might want to do SEMA instead. The last GT500 was very mod friendly and assuming the new one is as well nothing better than to get it out in front of the very people that will do it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Seems to me like the front engine 'vettes have run their course and it's time to go to a mid-engine architecture. Or get rid of the Camaro. Too many cars competing with each other.
this ^
all I've been seeing on the C forum is that it will be within 5 to 10k of the front engine, base for base.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
this ^
all I've been seeing on the C forum is that it will be within 5 to 10k of the front engine, base for base.
More than one review of the ZR1 has mentioned that it's a clear example that GM has done all they can with a FR Corvette. Now there might be a place for both a FE and ME Corvette much like Ferrari has both. A lot of that will come down to what the real price of the ME.

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT500 and the Mid-Engine'd Vette will likely MSRP within $10k of eachother.

The Vette I have been told isn't over $80k for a base model, more around mid $70k. With the GT350R already within $10k... not even including ADM... I imagine it will be quite easy to get the mid-engine Vette for less than the GT500.
Where did you see that?? I'm seeing prices more likely in the $150k range. You can barely buy a regular Vette for $70k

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you figure? The Corvette is a 2 seat Sportscar...the Camaro is a Muscle car and are not in the same category.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51