Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Good question.

The journal bearing turbo can make high horsepower and live yes. Here is our 2015 GT with journal bearing 55mm Precision units running 8's at over 4k lbs.

The reason we recommend ball bearing on planned projects over 850+ rwhp is in our experience, the overall longevity at that pressure and load will be better with a BB.

This recommendation is taken from our years of experience with all sorts of combinations. We have customers that make over 1000 rwhp and race every night. If we are asked to recommend a combination at that level, we typically recommend a BB upgrade.

It is not to say one could not take the journal bearing to higher power levels, but with the investment into a higher HP project, the great ball bearing technology is a good option to consider.

Hope this helps.
Thanks much! Last question... Have you dyno'd the BW 57's yet? How do those turbos act with this kit? Drivability? Spool time?

Look forward to those pics this week! Many folks excited about this offering (including myself).

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I understand that this might be hard to answer, but can you please tells us about the progress on the CARB compliant Sleeper kit? Do you guys have an ETA? I was very interested in this kit but found out the state I live in just agreed to be a CARB state (oh goooooood). I'm just not willing to return the car to stock every emissions test time.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks much! Last question... Have you dyno'd the BW 57's yet? How do those turbos act with this kit? Drivability? Spool time?

Look forward to those pics this week! Many folks excited about this offering (including myself).
We have had them installed and on the dyno. They have great response and fit very well. As with all of our systems the driveability is perfect in our eyes, and they make killer power 650-700 on the base setting depending on air conditions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I understand that this might be hard to answer, but can you please tells us about the progress on the CARB compliant Sleeper kit? Do you guys have an ETA? I was very interested in this kit but found out the state I live in just agreed to be a CARB state (oh goooooood). I'm just not willing to return the car to stock every emissions test time.
We do not have a definite date, but we assure you we are working on the kit as we speak. As soon as its available we will post it in here.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hellion Street Sleeper layout image!!
SS Layout image small.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Where do the air filters go?
Hello.

We route the air inlets up and next to the engine. It keeps them away from road debris.

Team Hellion

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Why does the Sleeper kits start out so much cheaper? I Daily my car a lot, even in insane rain on road trips, is bottom mounted Turbos a good idea?

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why does the Sleeper kits start out so much cheaper? I Daily my car a lot, even in insane rain on road trips, is bottom mounted Turbos a good idea?
We have designed the kit to have less piping, and save some cost. We have no issues in severe weather as far as air inlet. We have built "hidden kits" for years and have no issues with rain etc.

Team Hellion

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
We do not have a definite date, but we assure you we are working on the kit as we speak. As soon as its available we will post it in here.
Any luck on this being CARB compliant yet?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.