Uneven alignment after lowering + camber bolts

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
To make it short and sweet, I need help figuring out what's going on with my alignment after lowering on BMR SP080 springs and installing BMR FC003 camber bolts. Below will be the alignment sheets from before lowering, after lowering w/o camber bolts and lowered w/ camber bolts (in that order). Afaik, to correct the front camber with these springs you just need the camber bolts, as suggested per Kelly from BMR.

Just yesterday I got the camber bolts installed at very reputable local shop, as well as changed out the strut mounts for the Ford Performance ones (M-18183-M). Got it aligned after installation and the front camber is worse on one side than it was prior to getting the bolts in. Right side is where it should be, left side is worse. Alignment techs did their best, but that's as far as it would go according to them. Getting in contact with Kelly on Monday since today he has a vacation day, until then I'd like to have a better clue as to why this is happening
Alignment before lowering.png
Alignment specs (lowered, no camber bolts).png
Most current alignment specs (lowered, camber bolts).png
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
did you put the top hats on right they do have to face a certain way when installed again.

and -1.8 camber in the front is what i run with 0 toe and i run -1.5 rear with same total toe as you and its fine .. these cars need some front camber or there lazy in turns imo

Last edited:

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
To make it short and sweet, I need help figuring out what's going on with my alignment after lowering on BMR SP080 springs and installing BMR FC003 camber bolts. Below will be the alignment sheets from before lowering, after lowering w/o camber bolts and lowered w/ camber bolts (in that order). Afaik, to correct the front camber with these springs you just need the camber bolts, as suggested per Kelly from BMR.

Just yesterday I got the camber bolts installed at very reputable local shop, as well as changed out the strut mounts for the Ford Performance ones (M-18183-M). Got it aligned after installation and the front camber is worse on one side than it was prior to getting the bolts in. Right side is where it should be, left side is worse. Alignment techs did their best, but that's as far as it would go according to them. Getting in contact with Kelly on Monday since today he has a vacation day, until then I'd like to have a better clue as to why this is happening
The camber bolts certainly should have yielded more than a 0.2 degree change (whether + or -), so something is not right either with the install or alignment procedures. To be frank, I'm not sure why you aimed to alter things after the second alignment as it looked really good. Incredible symmetry, really. Are you trying to get more camber up front or less? I have hopes you say more...much better fun that way.

OP
OP
fsvec

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
did you put the top hats on right they do have to face a certain way when installed again.

and -1.6 camber in the front is what i run with 0 toe and i run -1.6 rear with same total toe as you and its fine .. these cars need some front camber or there lazy in turns imo
Installed by a shop, so I wouldn't know. The alignment techs did mention that that's something that would mess with the alignment, as orientation is important. It's only one side, so very well could be the issue

OP
OP
fsvec

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
The camber bolts certainly should have yielded more than a 0.2 degree change (whether + or -), so something is not right either with the install or alignment procedures. To be frank, I'm not sure why you aimed to alter things after the second alignment as it looked really good. Incredible symmetry, really. Are you trying to get more camber up front or less? I have hopes you say more...much better fun that way.
Right, and they worked as intended on the right side. I can't say I know much about alignements, but I was aiming at -1.5 as per Kelly's recommended specs. The shop techs also recommended the change as the -1.6 was still in the red (I think that means not centered?). I feel the car handle fine with -1.6, but I'm not looking for unnecessary tire wear as well, just a good spot that's good on performance and tire wear, so I'm very open to suggestions. I know there's a very slim difference between the two, -1.6 being on red is what bothered me, which is what the camber bolts should've fixed

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Right, and they worked as intended on the right side. I can't say I know much about alignements, but I was aiming at -1.5 as per Kelly's recommended specs. The shop techs also recommended the change as the -1.6 was still in the red (I think that means not centered?). I feel the car handle fine with -1.6, but I'm not looking for unnecessary tire wear as well, just a good spot that's good on performance and tire wear, so I'm very open to suggestions. I know there's a very slim difference between the two, -1.6 being on red is what bothered me, which is what the camber bolts should've fixed
You're doing everything right if your aim is to get the alignment back into factory "green" specs. I'll mention that you should have little to no fear of camber (within reason). Toe and tire composition are your true culprits in tire wear; bumping your front camber out to -2.0 will have little effect on wear but noticeable (and favorable) effects on handling.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
If I may ask a question here as well since I just paired BMR 763’s with the Track struts & shocks and camber bolts. What are to referring to as the hats and what is the correct direction they need to face, thanks

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I have always used eibach sport lines springs never had a problem with alignment

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase

I have seen worse that's not really bad with camber bolts. I have eibach sport lines and use camber bolts and mine front and rear are way off than yours. This time I decided to go all out and went steeda suspension from struts to new control arms and tension links and also upgrades to the rear. Supposedly I can do away with the camber bolts we shall see what happens when it's on the rack. I am leaving the factory strut mount to see if the suspension goes back to factory or better alignment. Since I am using the extended ball joints. My mustang gt sits really low for eibachs I actually have 20x11 with a +55 offset 305/35/20 and they are tucked in to the quarter panels

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
I've got camber issues after BC coilover install, but we may have figured out why. But I can fit 3 fingers between tire and inner fender on passenger, and 1 3/4 on driver side
20191012_172958.jpg
Sponsored