Sponsored

BMR's SP089 Front / SP082 Rear "Minimal Drop" Springs: Now sold as a kit (SP763)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
F588FD96-8E87-4CFE-A753-48E6793D7121.jpeg
82F5739F-B760-4744-A126-52FBB4476208.jpeg
D5735C0F-32CC-4E88-860E-8B10E7B957E3.jpeg
Just wanting to confirm this is normal, just seems odd the spring is so off centered from the shaft. Am I doing something wrong with the install
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Tire pressures? Do you get oscillation over certain roads or does it just move around more than stock in response to bumps? I'd consider trying the Steeda billet shock mounts. They did improve this aspect.
Tire pressure is at 32. It’s almost like it doesn’t absorb the impact of the bumps much. It does move around more than stock. My buddy has the FP track handling shocks and springs and it feels smoother and more planted over bumpy roads.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Final product. BMR SP763.
37035563_2019971508035535_4368876562108383232_o.jpg

tonyl11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium pp
Final product. BMR SP763.
37035563_2019971508035535_4368876562108383232_o.jpg
Hey, Nice stance. Do you have the performance pack stock suspension on your gt? I'm trying to decide on these springs (BMR sp763) or the eiback sportline. Just worried that the 1/2 inch drop in the rear isn't going to do anything with the PP i have.

tonyl11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium pp
Due to the overwhelming popularity of our SP089 Front and SP082 Rear Springs being used as a combo, we went ahead and packaged them together in one kit for convenience as well as a lower price.

Here is the link to the new SP763 Kit on our web-site:

https://bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?page=products&productid=1880&superpro=0

For those who do not know, I specifically had these springs made for two specific consumers in mind.

1: The person who simply wants a "stock like" spring set up, closely matching the PP GT rates, and does not want to "slam" their car. This person simply wants a slight drop, and can use whatever dampers they want - they work very well with the factory dampers.

2: The person who decides they want a similar stance and performance of our performance springs, but has added additional weight to the car via BOOST. Supercharged and Turbocharged cars are the perfect combo for our SP089 / SP082 combo. This, now SP763, is likely the most popular spring package for boosted S550s out on the roads today.

Pictured, 2018 Mustang GT with a Procharger Kit, SP763 Equipped! :cheers:
SP763_large.jpg
SP763 Jeff Ashton.jpg
Questions on this. I'm a newbie, So I apologize! I have a 2016 mustang gt with the performance pack. I read someone else that the PP has a lowered spring already from a non PP GT. So will these still yield the same drop as you advertised? And what size rims are in these photos? Are those 19" or 20" Trying to figure out when I upgrade how close the gap will be with larger wheels.
Thanks!!

Sponsored

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
I'd highly recommend doing that while you're doing it. Better overall control and better overall ride because it's not floating around (albeit just a tiny bit harsher on big bumps). The billet shock mounts add some more suppleness and reduce bounce if you're willing to go that route (not sure on your budget, but recommend them at some point).

My usual recommended go-to package for most folks is:
BMR SP763 springs
BMR CB005 Cradle lockout kit
Steeda billet shock mounts
GT PP shocks and struts (if you don't already have them)

Rides great, handles great, doesn't break the bank.
Hey so I'm interested in this setup, but question: when I search online I only see the Ford Performance Track struts and shocks, no PP option for sale. Can anyone show me where I'd be able to find those?

Right now I'm running the eibach pro springs on stock shocks/struts and it's become unbearably bumpy and I don't feel like the car maintains grip very well. This sounds like a good alternative.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey so I'm interested in this setup, but question: when I search online I only see the Ford Performance Track struts and shocks, no PP option for sale. Can anyone show me where I'd be able to find those?

Right now I'm running the eibach pro springs on stock shocks/struts and it's become unbearably bumpy and I don't feel like the car maintains grip very well. This sounds like a good alternative.
Honestly the FP Track are amazing with the SP763 also. The added damping is really needed for this car. I can count on two hands the number of folks I've recommended that to and who've been extremely happy (hopefully they chime in). They'd also work very well with your Eibachs if you wanted to keep them.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly the FP Track are amazing with the SP763 also. The added damping is really needed for this car. I can count on two hands the number of folks I've recommended that to and who've been extremely happy (hopefully they chime in). They'd also work very well with your Eibachs if you wanted to keep them.
Brian recommended 763 springs with PP dampers. Very happy and well pleased with this setup.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can confirm the FP Track and SP763 are amazing.

Too bad my car is about to be lemoned :( Will probably get a 2019 PP1 as my buyback replacement and throw the SP763’s, CB005, and steeda shock mounts on.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Can confirm the FP Track and SP763 are amazing.

Too bad my car is about to be lemoned :( Will probably get a 2019 PP1 as my buyback replacement and throw the SP763’s, CB005, and steeda shock mounts on.
Sorry to hear about your new car :(

Hopefully they can get you into a new one that's even better.

Sponsored

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help, appreciate it as someone who really doesn't have any technical knowledge in this area.

Are you saying that the FP Track struts/shocks would make my ride better in comparison to my stock ones? I really would like to make my ride less bouncy and I get nervous buying a "track" part for that goal, hope you can understand. Would these BMR springs significantly improve my ride as well?

In addition, like I mentioned, would the PP items be available for purchase anywhere? And what would be the difference between those and the track?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the help, appreciate it as someone who really doesn't have any technical knowledge in this area.

Are you saying that the FP Track struts/shocks would make my ride better in comparison to my stock ones? I really would like to make my ride less bouncy and I get nervous buying a "track" part for that goal, hope you can understand. Would these BMR springs significantly improve my ride as well?

In addition, like I mentioned, would the PP items be available for purchase anywhere? And what would be the difference between those and the track?
Yes it would be significantly less bouncy. You may feel the road just a bit more but it'll control bumps so much better such that the overall ride improves significantly.

You can get PP dampers from Levittown Ford, Tasca parts, Whitebear Lake, etc. New price will be about $350. I'd go with the FP Track from Whitebear Lake, though. $520.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes it would be significantly less bouncy. You may feel the road just a bit more but it'll control bumps so much better such that the overall ride improves significantly.

You can get PP dampers from Levittown Ford, Tasca parts, Whitebear Lake, etc. New price will be about $350. I'd go with the FP Track from Whitebear Lake, though. $520.
The FP Track dampers are firm but much more comfortable than stock IMO for the reasons Brian listed.

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw that the Steeda mounts are $200. Can anyone give me a rundown on what the purpose is of changing those out, especially at that price? Would the Track Struts/Shocks with my Eibach springs be good without that mod? Really don't want to throw another 200 bucks if it's low impact, also not tracking the car ever,

Currently have CB005 and upgraded sway bars already too.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just saw that the Steeda mounts are $200. Can anyone give me a rundown on what the purpose is of changing those out, especially at that price? Would the Track Struts/Shocks with my Eibach springs be good without that mod? Really don't want to throw another 200 bucks if it's low impact, also not tracking the car ever,

Currently have CB005 and upgraded sway bars already too.
I have them on my car. They help control the shocks to help them do their work better. I noticed a difference when I put mine on. It makes the ride quality a smidge better and makes it more composed over poor surfaces a lower speeds. Those are my impressions of it anyway. I don't think it's night and day, but an improvement nonetheless.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.