NEW TURBO KIT!!!!!! STREET SLEEPER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I agree and understand entirely. I was just responding to the post implying that me wondering about an aftermarket exhaust manifold is me getting bent out of shape.
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Again. If that's the case, then why does hellion offer multiple turbo options when the cast wheel works just fine. Why the basani exhaust option? Why the $2.8k return fuel system? Just because 'X' works doesn't mean you have to stop at that. Nobody is getting bent out of shape, we just ask questions about other options that might work with the kit. That is usually the point of a forum.

You are exactly right Hellion offers a host of upgrades however none are manifolds or throttle bodies I brought up to play devils advocate......

LOL Dont you think hellion offers the options they do because those items are better money spent than manifolds people tend to whine about?

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
welp, thats a killer for me, I dont want my car sounding like that when the wastegate opens..
You can have an exhaust shop recirculate the dump tubes back into the exhaust. Shouldn't be a difficult job...

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
You can have an exhaust shop recirculate the dump tubes back into the exhaust. Shouldn't be a difficult job...
I'm thinking there's a reason Hellion didnt do it on the kit and it's probably related to a shortage of real estate in that area.

Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
You are exactly right Hellion offers a host of upgrades however none are manifolds or throttle bodies I brought up to play devils advocate......

LOL Dont you think hellion offers the options they do because those items are better money spent than manifolds people tend to whine about?
Dude, I don't get where you think I was whining? I also wasn't asking for Hellion to provide manifold options. It was just a question about possible options other than the stock replacement manifolds.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is this kit ready to ship?
Hello!

We have been taking orders and kits will begin shipping the beginning of next week!!:rockon:

Team Hellion

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
@HELLION TURBO

Do you have photo of the complete kit yet? I have the parts list but would like to see the kit laid out.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
The base turbos are a cast wheel (6 major blade) 62mm compressor with a 62mm turbine. It is a great turbo with the perfect sizing for this engine combination. We have made over 750 to the tires with these units in this application. If over 800+ rwhp is desired from the start we recommend looking at the Ball Bearing upgrade.
What does bearing type have to do with HP rating? Doesn't make any sense.

Are you saying the BB option is a more robust turbo? Maybe something to do with back pressure?

Where can we get specific info on these "sleeper" turbos? Pictures would help a lot.

My guess is rebadged Magnum turbos.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Never driven a car with turbos wastgated to atmosphere. Does this sound bad on a V8? Would it make you not buy this kit?

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What does bearing type have to do with HP rating? Doesn't make any sense.

Are you saying the BB option is a more robust turbo? Maybe something to do with back pressure?

Where can we get specific info on these "sleeper" turbos? Pictures would help a lot.

My guess is rebadged Magnum turbos.
When we get past a planned dedicated HP level the BB turbo is more robust because of the higher heat and pressure that the turbo is subjected to. If one just plans to make a few High HP pulls the Journal bearing works very well, but if 12+ lbs of boost is planned constantly, BB can handle it better.

We will have images of the entire kit and contained parts the beginning of next week to show everyone what comes from us.

Hope this helps.

Team Hellion

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
When we get past a planned dedicated HP level the BB turbo is more robust because of the higher heat and pressure that the turbo is subjected to. If one just plans to make a few High HP pulls the Journal bearing works very well, but if 12+ lbs of boost is planned constantly, BB can handle it better.

We will have images of the entire kit and contained parts the beginning of next week to show everyone what comes from us.

Hope this helps.

Team Hellion

I have run journal bearing turbos at 30psi on other platforms with zero issues.

What is different in this application that makes the BB necessary?

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have run journal bearing turbos at 30psi on other platforms with zero issues.

What is different in this application that makes the BB necessary?
Good question.

The journal bearing turbo can make high horsepower and live yes. Here is our 2015 GT with journal bearing 55mm Precision units running 8's at over 4k lbs.

The reason we recommend ball bearing on planned projects over 850+ rwhp is in our experience, the overall longevity at that pressure and load will be better with a BB.

This recommendation is taken from our years of experience with all sorts of combinations. We have customers that make over 1000 rwhp and race every night. If we are asked to recommend a combination at that level, we typically recommend a BB upgrade.

It is not to say one could not take the journal bearing to higher power levels, but with the investment into a higher HP project, the great ball bearing technology is a good option to consider.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.